Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why run spacers at all? Like the look?
Some need the clearance because the tire hits the control arm at full lock. Some just like the look of the wider stance but want to keep stock wheels.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Some need the clearance because the tire hits the control arm at full lock. Some just like the look of the wider stance but want to keep stock wheels.
I understand all of that. I'm running 37's with stock wheels and no spacers. Many don't realize you can adjust steering stops. I was curious as to why he wanted to, because they aren't needed.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Primarily the looks. Theoretically the wider stance should also give you more stability on a road, thought I doubt it's the case here.
Gotcha. Just wanted to see where you were with it. Some people like the look. I like them tucked, especially in the winter. Cuts down on all the sling as well as not dealing with the extra step with torquing etc. Ive run them before with no problems and I think they are safe when installed correctly.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Currently running Synergy 1.75" aka 1-3/4" wheel spacers on factory Rubicon rims with factory 33" tires without any issues. Gives the Jeep a nice stance and a wider footprint. The reason I got wheel spacers is because I wanted to eventually run larger and wider tires on the factory rims. I personally like the look of the factory upgraded rim and spacers are cheaper than new rims. The JL has backspacing of right at 6". With the 1.75" spacers it gives the factory rim the same amount of clearance as a 4.25" offset aftermarket rim, which is a little more than the required 4.5" to fit a 37'x12.5" tire.

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

Sponsored

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
only problem with wheel spacers is you will need to re-torque them and check them often. i personally don't want the hassle of that so i went with new wheels spent like twice the price of a good set of spacers to get a no hassle setup.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I like the stock wheels and am running 35'' Toyo MT's. What are thoughts/opinions on the Synergy wheel spacers over another wheel choice?

8810-02 1-3/4" M14 X 1.50

I'd typically never use spacers but I like the stock wheels a lot.
Ran them with the stock Rubi rims for well over a year and had no problems. Make sure you check the torque on them periodically. It is not a pretty site if they let loose.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
only problem with wheel spacers is you will need to re-torque them and check them often. i personally don't want the hassle of that so i went with new wheels spent like twice the price of a good set of spacers to get a no hassle setup.
I do my own 5 tire rotation. Takes about 1 extra minute per wheel to check the torque as I rotate the tires. With proper torque and thread lock it's not much hassle at all.

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Currently running Synergy 1.75" aka 1-3/4" wheel spacers on factory Rubicon rims with factory 33" tires without any issues. Gives the Jeep a nice stance and a wider footprint. The reason I got wheel spacers is because I wanted to eventually run larger and wider tires on the factory rims. I personally like the look of the factory upgraded rim and spacers are cheaper than new rims. The JL has backspacing of right at 6". With the 1.75" spacers it gives the factory rim the same amount of clearance as a 4.25" offset aftermarket rim, which is a little more than the required 4.5" to fit a 37'x12.5" tire
Exactly why I'm considering them. I'm about to upgrade to 37x12.5r17 Toyo MT's (a large 37). I may just upgrade to AEV wheels or find something local with the proper backspacing on Jeep Trader.

Last edited:

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I’m running 1.5” spacers torqued down to 130 ft/lb with a dab of blue loctite. I really liked the look of the stock wheels as well as I didn’t want to spend a bunch more money on new wheels. That opened up my budget for bumpers and tire carrier. It also gives it a stock look on 37s.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LeD

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stin-gray Sport S
I’m using synergy with stock wheels and 35” Toyo R/T,s. No complaints!
I have a question, Im about to do the exact same setup, any issues off-roading at all? I don't necessarily crawl but I do hit the trails couple of times a week and was wondering if anyone has had any issues, TIA

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't bought them yet.. but getting ready to. I'm investigating any issues with wheel balance/vibration etc due to the spacers and wider track. That's the only thing holding me back.
Sponsored