Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I haven't bought them yet.. but getting ready to. I'm investigating any issues with wheel balance/vibration etc due to the spacers and wider track. That's the only thing holding me back.
For what its worth, I experienced zero difference in ride quality. The only concern I found was increased stress on ball joints if your scrub radius gets too big. However, personally I'm using stock wheels and checked scrub radius before and after and change was minimal. I have a friend with a large offset wheel that has much more potential for escalated wear.
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I have a question, Im about to do the exact same setup, any issues off-roading at all? I don't necessarily crawl but I do hit the trails couple of times a week and was wondering if anyone has had any issues, TIA
haven’t been off-road with mine but can’t see them being a problem as long as they’re torqued appropriately and maintained at intervals just like anything else.

I haven't bought them yet.. but getting ready to. I'm investigating any issues with wheel balance/vibration etc due to the spacers and wider track. That's the only thing holding me back.
No vibration on mine so far. Discount didn’t report any problems balancing my setup.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
They are custom built per order so no official part number, however they fit just fine with no trimming of stud length-there is plenty of space in the stock Rubi wheel 'pockets' for the small amount of stud that extendes from the spacer. Mine are 1 1/4" and as the picture I have included shows, the studs will clear easily-it looks like 1 1/8" would have also fit. The image shows the depth of the Rubi wheel pockets and amount of clearance between the studs and the base of the pockets. Hope this helps!

IMG_1165.jpg
I'm putting my order for my BORA 1.25" spacers but wanted to check with you first since you went this route. I've run spacers in all my Jeeps for over 15 years and am very familiar with the pockets behind the stock wheels allowing for thinner spacers with the stock studs recessing into the pockets. My question is whether or not the pockets in the stock Rubicon wheels are tapered or straight. If they are tapered, did you measure the depth of the pocket to the point at which the stock stud would touch the tapered wall of the pocket?

I would prefer to stick with 1.25" spacers, but fear the stud may touch a part of the wheel inside the recessed pocket.

Thanks!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I'm putting my order for my BORA 1.25" spacers but wanted to check with you first since you went this route. I've run spacers in all my Jeeps for over 15 years and am very familiar with the pockets behind the stock wheels allowing for thinner spacers with the stock studs recessing into the pockets. My question is whether or not the pockets in the stock Rubicon wheels are tapered or straight. If they are tapered, did you measure the depth of the pocket to the point at which the stock stud would touch the tapered wall of the pocket?

I would prefer to stick with 1.25" spacers, but fear the stud may touch a part of the wheel inside the recessed pocket.

Thanks!

There was plenty of room and likely could have gone inch and an eighth, I have however now sold my BORA spacers. I went with Quadratec Hardrock Machined Black 17"x8.5" wheels with 5.2" backspace, they were as close to OEM looking as I could find. I do like the improved contact patch of the tread and I could tell a difference in handling with the wider wheels...But I am a bit OCD when it comes to maintaining / improving OEM handling-WTH, I am OCD period!
Sponsored