Sponsored

Advice on Synergy spacers vs Quadratec 41 wheels

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Advice requested for adding 1" of backspaceI to a jl sport with wider rubi jl rubi axles/brakes and RK 2.5" lift with 315/70/17 ko2's on stock rubi wheels. Getting solid rub on RK's straight front control arm when turning. I was trying to avoid spacers/new wheels and like the narrower stance, but need to be another inch wider and also like the idea of having a 8.5" wide wheel so the tire wears evenly. Are 1 5/8 spacers harder on your bearings or scrub radius compared to less backspaced wheels? Any other drawbacks/recommendations?

Currently trying to sell my stock rubi wheels for $350 to buy the quadratec 41 wheels linked below that have 5.2 backspacing +10mm offset. Considering the cost difference, I may just go with $150 synerrgy spacers and save $200 on unmounting and mounting tires + $300 more for new wheels than what I'm trying to sell mine.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...p-wrangler-jk-jl-and-grand-cherokee-wj-wk-wk2
Here's the jeep:
wyHtyHL.jpg

vpojudI.jpg
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Whether you add spacers, or wheels with the same backspacing achieved by spacers, the results are the same. Both will add more wear and tear on parts over stock wheels. Neither will add more or less than the other however.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Whether you add spacers, or wheels with the same backspacing achieved by spacers, the results are the same. Both will add more wear and tear on parts over stock wheels. Neither will add more or less than the other however.
Thanks...Are the oem wheels 6.2" backspaced(42mm offset)? If the 41 wheel is 8.5" wide and 5.2" backspace (10mm offset), a tire calculator is saying it would push the tire out 1.26" vs. stock wheel.. Is that correct if the quadratec wheel is an inch wider?

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks...Are the oem wheels 6.2" backspaced(42mm offset)? If the 41 wheel is 8.5" wide and 5.2" backspace (10mm offset), a tire calculator is saying it would push the tire out 1.26" vs. stock wheel.. Is that correct if the quadratec wheel is an inch wider?
Will push out 13mm for the extra 1" width and another 32mm for offset, so a net 45mm, which is about 1 3/4" further out. This doesn't include any extra tire width that you may be going to as well.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Will push out 13mm for the extra 1" width and another 32mm for offset, so a net 45mm, which is about 1 3/4" further out. This doesn't include any extra tire width that you may be going to as well.
Thanks...I found where all jl oem wheels are 44mm offset and 6.1 backspaced, so using your math, the outer edge of the 8.5" wide 10mm offset quadratec wheel would move 47mm(1.85") further out(34mm+13mm) and provide 31mm(1.14") of additional wheel clearance vs oem wheels? (34mm -13mm)?

If the oem backspace is 6.1, would this new wheel mean the new backspace would be 6.1 - 1.14 = 4.96"?

Final thought, I wonder how this relates to me having 1.5" wider rubi axles on a jl sport model. That should add .75" of extra width to each wheel...right?

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Spidertrax is the only spacer I will run on any vehicle - make sure you take the time to install, torque, and check your spacers at the suggested intervals.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Spidertrax is the only spacer I will run on any vehicle - make sure you take the time to install, torque, and check your spacers at the suggested intervals.
Thanks...I'm leaning towards getting new wheels as a better long term solution.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Ordered the Quadratec 41 wheels in gunmetal...will mount them tomorrow. Installing new coils and RK quick disconnect this afternoon. Build is about to be complete....for now

Shaved Ice

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know everyone does it, but OEM wheels (7.5” wide) are not wide enough for the tires your running (minimum 8” wide). I would go with new wheels just for peace of mind.

Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
Synergy makes top notch everything, quadratec brand Shoots for cheapest on the market. Since the vast majority of wheels are made in China then that means q-Tec wheels skimp on the finish so it doesn’t last like better Chinese wheels like fuel or aev etc...
That said I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade. I really hope everyone is happy with what they put on their jeeps.