• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It is possible to mount these in the stock location without relocation brackets and they would probably work with no lift. BUT, you would have to cut off the sway bar tab on the driver's side if you want to be able to use the quick disconnects. Otherwise, you can just use regular bolts, and at that point, what's the difference from just disconnecting the stock ones?

I think there also may be a misonception that Sports and Saharas end up taller than Rubicons with the same lift. They don't. They are the same height. The only difference is they started out lower to begin with.
Sure, I understand how the lift works and that it's always in reference to Rubicon height except when it isn't :). But for a huge number of Sport/Sahara owners who put on Rubicon suspension or just a 1" spacer, there is little or no quick disconnect option. Even for stock Sport or Sahara, you'd think there would be an option since there are way more Sports and Saharas that are either unlifted or just have Rubicon swap or spacers that add an inch or two but could benefit from disconnecting.
In order to take advantage of a 2" (aka 3.5") lift on Sport, you almost have to run 37s to look right and that means a regear. How many people actually do that?
Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I feel like I answered the question. JKS makes quick disconnects that work for 0-2" of lift, but you have to cut off the sway bar tab like I said you could do with ours. Look under the Jeep and you will see what I mean. If you don't want to do that and would rather run a relocation bracket, you need a taller lift so the sway bar links are long enough to work properly.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I feel like I answered the question. JKS makes quick disconnects that work for 0-2" of lift, but you have to cut off the sway bar tab like I said you could do with ours. Look under the Jeep and you will see what I mean. If you don't want to do that and would rather run a relocation bracket, you need a taller lift so the sway bar links are long enough to work properly.
Thank you for the answer. I don't think it's going to be popular, but it at least explains why there are technical difficulties in having quick disconnects for Sports and Saharas who still like getting over 20mpg highway.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this. So essentially you're saying there is no possibility of making one for a 0-2" lift without cutting the tab. Or at least it would be difficult and/or expensive to design one. That helps me and I appreciate the info. Love Synergy and was hoping for a solution but I understand.

Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the front sway bar disconnects?

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They will be shipping next month. I'll have a more exact date once we get closer. Hopefully before the middle of the month.

With everything happening with the virus, things are going to be taking longer than normal for a while.

Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
They will be shipping next month. I'll have a more exact date once we get closer. Hopefully before the middle of the month.

With everything happening with the virus, things are going to be taking longer than normal for a while.
Not finding them on your site for pre-order or waiting to list until they are ready?

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
There are just a few things to finish before listing them online. They'll be up for preorder before they are ready to start shipping though.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at those. I don't see how they can claim to fit 0" lift (stock Rubicon height). They say the length is 8.5" plus the bracket height. My stock links are 5" and my swaybar is perfectly horizontal with Rubicon suspension and 3/4" spacers. 8.5" would put it north of 15 degrees of tilt. Maybe closer to 20 with the bracket. Everything I see says to keep the swaybar tilted within 5 degrees of horizontal. AllJumpStyle from Synergy explained it above. No one so far has come up with a way to fit stock Rubicon height without cutting the tab on the passenger side. I still think a longer pin or other hardware might make it work but no one has come out with a solution that I've seen.

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray