• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Some of the lift kits will recycle the rear links to the front and then supply new longer rear links. This works because the rear links are longer than the front ones and when you lift you obviously need longer ones up front.
In this case you are dealing with standard links and not disconnects.

When you off road you want to disconnect the front ones, not the rear. We have the JKS disconnects for the front and I don't recommend them. For starters you need to cut the tab off of the front axle on the passenger side and on top of that I was unimpressed with them which surprised me since I loved them on my LJ. Their ball and socket design on the JL is REALLY tight.
@Rock Krawler Suspension is making a set for the JL, they have a prototype and should be moving to production any day now. Personally I am waiting on these since they will require no cutting of the tab AND they are fully removable, they don't just swing up out of the way. That means no screwing around with muddy sway bar links when trying to reconnect. Synergy also makes a set that you do not have to cut the tab off.
Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Our front sway bar links with disconnects are currently in production but not released yet. Here are a couple pictures of prototypes. They also include brackets mounted to the frame that the sway bar links can be connected to when disconnected from the axle and the bushing is a ball in cup style that makes them very easy to connect and disconnect.

IMG_20191030_082620.jpg
IMG_20191030_082744.jpg
That’s definitely been a concern, getting the links reconnected, before getting back on the road. I mean, trying to find a level spot considering where you are might be difficult at times.

Let us know when they’re available.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That’s definitely been a concern, getting the links reconnected, before getting back on the road. I mean, trying to find a level spot considering where you are might be difficult at times.

Let us know when they’re available.
Even if you could find a level spot, I find that I'm having great difficulties getting the links reconnected with my JKS, -- without changing the length that is.
Though I carry a rubber mallet with me now for that purpose alone, but yes it's not something I look forward to do in the dark after a day of muddy off-roading.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Even if you could find a level spot, I find that I'm having great difficulties getting the links reconnected with my JKS, -- without changing the length that is.
Though I carry a rubber mallet with me now for that purpose alone, but yes it's not something I look forward to do in the dark after a day of muddy off-roading.
I was thinking a rubber mallet that I use for tent spikes. Yeah, at the end of the day when you have to hit pavement after a lot of mud, fighting to get them on sounds like a blast. :facepalm:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Even the guys at JKS know the links they sell for a 2.5" lift or hard to put on. Call them up and ask them for a stubby flat tip instead of the long bullet tip they provide. Also adjust the links to be a little longer, you can have your sway bar at positive 6 degrees or even a little more with no problems. Sway bars do not nee to be completely level.

By doing both of those things the links were much more bearable and went on a lot easier.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Even the guys at JKS know the links they sell for a 2.5" lift or hard to put on. Call them up and ask them for a stubby flat tip instead of the long bullet tip they provide. Also adjust the links to be a little longer, you can have your sway bar at positive 6 degrees or even a little more with no problems. Sway bars do not nee to be completely level.

By doing both of those things the links were much more bearable and went on a lot easier.
EDIT: It's the passenger side that is the challenge, you need the bullet tip on this side.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Our front sway bar links with disconnects are currently in production but not released yet. Here are a couple pictures of prototypes. They also include brackets mounted to the frame that the sway bar links can be connected to when disconnected from the axle and the bushing is a ball in cup style that makes them very easy to connect and disconnect.

IMG_20191030_082620.jpg
IMG_20191030_082744.jpg
I see the rear ones on your site - I will probably buy these as soon as they are available. I just haven't had end links installed for about the past 10k miles. I haven't bought any end links because I didn't really trust the brands, but I will buy some synergy ones!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

IMG_20191030_082620.jpg
IMG_20191030_082744.jpg
Any update on availability?

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They are in production currently and should be shipping before the end of March. They'll be up on our website once I get the media done.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
They are in production currently and should be shipping before the end of March. They'll be up on our website once I get the media done.
Will these work on a stock Rubicon height?

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
They are designed for 2" lifts and taller.
Well shoot.

I have a takeoff Rubi suspension and would like suggestions if anything out there disconnects and connects easier than others . Sounds like too much to ask to not have to disconnect. Still learning though.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
They are designed for 2" lifts and taller.
Another person that won't be buying and still waiting for anyone to make a good quick disconnect for the JL.
Since 2" above Rubi height is 3.5" to 4" lift for a Sport and quick disconnects are for Sports and Saharas only, what is the point of making a quick disconnect that only works for people with 3.5" lift or above????
Please enlighten me.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It is possible to mount these in the stock location without relocation brackets and they would probably work with no lift. BUT, you would have to cut off the sway bar tab on the driver's side if you want to be able to use the quick disconnects. Otherwise, you can just use regular bolts, and at that point, what's the difference from just disconnecting the stock ones?

I think there also may be a misonception that Sports and Saharas end up taller than Rubicons with the same lift. They don't. They are the same height. The only difference is they started out lower to begin with.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I think there also may be a misonception that Sports and Saharas end up taller than Rubicons with the same lift. They don't. They are the same height. The only difference is they started out lower to begin with.
That's not what anyone is saying. They're saying when manufacturers talk about a 2" lift, they're talking about a 2" lift _over a rubicon_. Which, to us Sport/Sahara drivers means more like a 3.5" lift. No one is saying "they end up taller" but rather "they end up taller than the lift indicates over stock configuration" (or like you said, they start in a lower place).

The question is valid. Rubicons already have electronic disconnects, so a large part of the market is for Sports and Saharas. A very common lift is the Rubi takeoff suspension, so a large market is Sports and Saharas that have a "0 to 0.5 inch lift over a Rubicon" or a "1.5 to 2 inch lift over a stock Sport or Sahara".
Sponsored