Swaps - LS3 vs Hemi

meoffroad

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
New to the JL Wrangler forum. I own Maximum Elevation Off-Road (MEO) in Paris, Tx. We are a certified installation facility (CIF) for Bruiser Conversions. We just finished up a Bruiser LS3 conversion on a 19 JLU Rubicon. This Jeep was a bit over the top, LS3, D60’s, and 40” tires. We have done Hemi Swaps, Hellcat Swaps, Superchargers and turbos. Hands down the LS3 swap from Bruiser Conversions has won me over. The fit, finish, and install is superior. The power and drive-ability is a perfect combination on the JL Wrangler. As it stands this combination is getting about 18mpg if you can keep your foot out of it. Right now in the shop we have a JKU with a Hellcat, JKU with a Ripp supercharger, JLU with a Pro Charger, and JLU with a LS3. Since this is a JL forum I’ll just compare the JLU LS3 to the Pro Charged JLU. The Pro Charged JLU is a clean install, runs great and has great power on the top end but lacks on the bottom end and is seeing about 13 mpg. The install on the LS3 JLU runs better, clean install, fairly simple and fits like it is suppose to be there. Absolutely no cooling issues and ALL factory electronics function. We have 7 JL, JT, JK LS3 swaps scheduled the next 3 months. I’d be more than happy to share our experiences with anyone that is interested.

3206FAB7-7182-49B1-9AC1-BD294D527D3B.jpeg
Sponsored

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
would love to do this.. but.. the cost (what is it)?
can you do the swap with the 6 speed?
and have you done one where you also did an atlas transfer case

all my questions are about the jl.

Silver TT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Cayenne GTS, 23 Raptor 37, 23 M4 Cab, 23 Denali
Is it just me or does the LS actually rev up a little more aggressively than a Hemi? This is somewhat anecdotal since its based on watching videos of guys doing startups and revs and seeing a few in person. I know the Hemis have come a long way but it seems the LS is still the reliability and HP/weight champ between the two.

Having said that, it is appealing to stay with all Chrysler products through the vehicle and be able to service at a Jeep dealership. But interested in any thoughts on the above observation.

Placebo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something with 4 wheels
I heard the 5.7 Hemi has some issues with the lifters. I'd go LS3 if I had to swap, those engines are the best thing from Chevy/GM IMO.

Sponsored

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Where are the Carb-Calif legal Hemi swaps....in JK's...
Jeep Speed Shop advertises that they have a CARB legal swap for 07-11 JKs using a 5.7 hemi

Motech has a CARB legal LS swap for 07-14 JKs using a 5.3
Sponsored