Sponsored

Suspension recommendations

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I'm looking to upgrade my suspension. Currently I'm just running the rough country spacer lift. Lately I've been hearing a click sound when I accelerate from a complete stop. I think the spacers out the spring is moving around a bit. Either way the spacer lift was meant to be temporary. I have a jlu sport s on 33s. I have never really been off road but plan to get into it a bit in the near future. Definitely nothing crazy.

I'm looking to replace the spacer lifts. I'm on a budget of about 1200 to 1400 bucks. I'd prefer something that has a front track bar and at least front confirm arms along with springs. I was looking at the Clayton entry level lift. Also the Jks j rated lift.

Can I keep my stock shocks for now and leave on the rc shock relocation brackets? I guess I'm looking for something that I can add bits and pieces to over time as well.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Have you looked into Synergy? They have a starter suspension lift kit that is purpose meant for being added to as needed. If you're looking to step up from a spacer lift, than you'd be better off in the long run to fully end your relationship with spacers and relocation brackets.

Off road capability isn't the only reason to upgrade suspension and steering components. If done right with quality components, you also end up with on road ride and handling improvements over stock.

OP
OP

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Have you looked into Synergy? They have a starter suspension lift kit that is purpose meant for being added to as needed. If you're looking to step up from a spacer lift, than you'd be better off in the long run to fully end your relationship with spacers and relocation brackets.

Off road capability isn't the only reason to upgrade suspension and steering components. If done right with quality components, you also end up with on road ride and handling improvements over stock.
I think that's just springs right? I was hoping to get shocks and at least lower control arms too. I guess my most immediate need it shocks though if I'm talking about replacing the spacers.

Was looking at this..

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...n-adventure-series-1-system-lift-kit-w-shocks

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I just remembered that Synergy is working with Fox, if I remember correctly, on a set of shocks tuned to their springs. Otherwise, that have everything else. I have all 8 of their control arms, rear track bar, and front and rear track bar reinforcement brackets. Great quality parts.

Rock Krawler is another awesome quality company that is very knowledgeable and offers great parts. That kit you linked to would definitely bring your Jeep to the next level. The optional Fox shocks are nice. I currently have those, as they are a part of the Dynatrac lift, and they've been great.
Sponsored