Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a few questions - I just got a Flashcal for my new re-gear and 37" tires. I see that I can upgrade my Flashcal to a Flashpaq for a discount through the software. Do I still need to do a PCM swap for this? The description does not state that I do.

Also, do I need to leave the bypass module plugged in all the time for my tunes / adjustments for gears / tires / etc. to stay active?
It does not have to be plugged in all the time, but since it's a pain I just leave the by pass. The PCM swap is only for using the performance tunes. If you just want to do tire size, gears and a what not you don't have to do that.
Sponsored

Akmurphy14

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler 2018
ok so im reading this thread WAY TO LATE today. I just sent my jeep to the dealership bc my reverse lights no longer work... after the jeep had been at the dealership over 2 hours **after my appointment time** they called me saying they could not get into my computer because of the superchip installed.. I knew I needed to return everything to factory settings which I did.. I did NOT know you had to remove the module under the dash.... should I go up to the dealership and remove the module?> Call them what?>> Im soooo mad

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
ok so im reading this thread WAY TO LATE today. I just sent my jeep to the dealership bc my reverse lights no longer work... after the jeep had been at the dealership over 2 hours **after my appointment time** they called me saying they could not get into my computer because of the superchip installed.. I knew I needed to return everything to factory settings which I did.. I did NOT know you had to remove the module under the dash.... should I go up to the dealership and remove the module?> Call them what?>> Im soooo mad
If you have something installed bypassing the gateway their tools won’t talk to it. You need to remove the adapter. I leave my settings alone with my tazer. If they see you are running bigger tires without the tire size set right they claim to be able to void warranty as the mileage is incorrect.

Last edited:

Akmurphy14

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler 2018
Yeah I didn’t change the tire size setting. I just unplugged the superchip module. But now the damn thing is actually shifting in the correct gears where before I was never leaving 4th gear until I was going over 70... so whatever they did it changed something. The issue they think is the gear sensor that tells the computer what gear I’m in. Which is crazy but I guess makes sense. I have a 6 speed manual so I was thinking I was going to have to regear and I guess now I don’t. Lol. It’s not reading that I’m putting the Jeep in reverse. Lol

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I believe I said that earlier in this post that it needed to be returned to stock and unplugged . My dealer tried to get in mine and was locked out ,without me taking it all out.

Sponsored

Flylojoe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I'm going to buy a speedo calibrator due to lifting and installing taller tires and re-gearing my JL 2 door Sport S. Superchips says that they are going to offer the programmer soon that can be uploaded online to the Flashcal. Is Superchips flashcal the way to go or is there a better option?

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have never brought my jeep back to stock or removed the unit and had warranty work done for 2 years

RubyRed

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Noob question here, I didn’t see this explained in the thread. When you are saying “unmarry”, is there an unmarry option within the flashcal? Or are you simply just saying that you’re “unplugging” the flashcal?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
By removing the tunes/changes or returning the jeep back to stock, you unmarry the unit. It will no longer be locked and can be used by another jeep. If you don’t do this, the super cal unit itself remains locked to the vin number of the jeep it was used.

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any chance the motion lockout for nav input can be disabled?

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Yeah, I was hoping there would be an update to the superchips since I have that already. Obviously it's possible ;)
Casual observation is that Superchips steers clear of meddling with hidden features the way the Tazer does.

Nothing against the Tazer (and I don't want to start an interwebs pissing match) is that while the Tazer unlocks a plethora of hidden features, they've also spent a good deal of time releasing update after update to remedy issues that have cropped up with unlocking various features. I had bought the Tazer as it seemed pretty cool with everything it could do, however the more I read prior to set up and install I started questioning whether I wanted to deal with any of the potential issues that may crop up, more so as I'm not too tech savvy. I ended up selling it off without ever using it and bought a Superchips FlashCal and have not had one issue is three years. Added bonus is if I want to upgrade it to a FlashPaq to do a performance tune I can.
Sponsored