Sponsored

Super simple way to disable stop-start

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
And just like that.. no more ESS :)
For folks that have this module... you guys happy with it? No ill effects? Easy install?

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
bought the smartstopstop.com thing, seems they are backed up because so many people hate this "feature", all good waiting a bit longer, I appreciate that they are making these things in the USA.
Steve seems a bit frazzled right now, good for him I hope his business keeps growing!
If you want it tomorrow you probably should have ordered it 4 days ago!

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
For folks that have this module... you guys happy with it? No ill effects? Easy install?
It is amazing.. honestly, I forget it ever even came with ESS at times until I look down and see I can still activate and deactivate it at will but why? :) .. Has never faltered once. I got it during Black Friday. Super easy install, Just disconnect one connector and put this inline and use the double sided tape to hold it in place. Never know it is there.

Not surprised they are backed up on ordering. Best device out there. I don't want something hogging my diagnostics port all the time and in the way.

tablerock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Viper,2012Ram,3Corvettes,2 Street Rods,2019 2Door Wrangler
I wonder if all goverment vehicles are mandated to have this " pain in the ... feature ?

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
bought the smartstopstop.com thing, seems they are backed up because so many people hate this "feature", all good waiting a bit longer, I appreciate that they are making these things in the USA.
Steve seems a bit frazzled right now, good for him I hope his business keeps growing!
If you want it tomorrow you probably should have ordered it 4 days ago!
It is amazing.. honestly, I forget it ever even came with ESS at times until I look down and see I can still activate and deactivate it at will but why? :) .. Has never faltered once. I got it during Black Friday. Super easy install, Just disconnect one connector and put this inline and use the double sided tape to hold it in place. Never know it is there.

Not surprised they are backed up on ordering. Best device out there. I don't want something hogging my diagnostics port all the time and in the way.
Thank you both for your support and comments!

We still strive to ship within 2 business days and I think we beat or hit the mark better than 95% of the time. We do free shipping by Priority mail and that is typically another 2-3 days. What we will NOT do is sacrifice quality for speed.

For those looking for reviews, please check out our forum section here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/smartstopstart.115/

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
My wife and I went on vacation a few months backs and we tried to rent a Jeep Cherokee from Hertz (Never rent from them) and ended up with a Chevy Equinox. The only way to turn the ESS off was to put the car in manual mode and press the button on the shifter up to the 6th gear so it would work like a traditional automatic otherwise you were stuck with the ESS because it had no button. I hated that car!!!!!!!

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
Received and installed my SSS device today, works great.
On a side note, glancing at the instructions and assuming you have to take off the left panel by the speaker is wrong, youcan remove the middle panel under the steering wheel although I don't even think that has to be done, getting that factory connection disconnected was a real PITA, if I had not removed things that didn't need to be removed it would have been a 3 minute job if that

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)

I've been using mine for about 4 months now and it is perfect. just remember to remove it before taking your Jeep to the dealership for service.
Received and installed my SSS device today, works great.
On a side note, glancing at the instructions and assuming you have to take off the left panel by the speaker is wrong, youcan remove the middle panel under the steering wheel although I don't even think that has to be done, getting that factory connection disconnected was a real PITA, if I had not removed things that didn't need to be removed it would have been a 3 minute job if that
Thanks for the comments everyone. This Wrangler is the only vehicle in my stable that I haven’t had to remove any panels yet... so the panel has to be removed beneath the steering wheel? Any panel trim tool necessary?

Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired / BUM
It pulls right off, start at the bottom and gently work your way to the top, I think it was 4 or 6 of those pressure clips, or just get under the dash and look over above the obdii port and you will see it, if I ever need to disconnect I won't remove and panels at all

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Thanks for the comments everyone. This Wrangler is the only vehicle in my stable that I haven’t had to remove any panels yet... so the panel has to be removed beneath the steering wheel? Any panel trim tool necessary?
I was able to do without removing any panels but as above post mentioned getting the factory connection off can be a little fun.. Just don't sweat it and get a good look at what needs to be done and it will come off. It is just the position is a bit awkward to see and get your hand in there without removing anything but it can be done. Once off it is a minute job clicking it inline.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It pulls right off, start at the bottom and gently work your way to the top, I think it was 4 or 6 of those pressure clips, or just get under the dash and look over above the obdii port and you will see it, if I ever need to disconnect I won't remove and panels at all
I was able to do without removing any panels but as above post mentioned getting the factory connection off can be a little fun.. Just don't sweat it and get a good look at what needs to be done and it will come off. It is just the position is a bit awkward to see and get your hand in there without removing anything but it can be done. Once off it is a minute job clicking it inline.
Many thanks, folks. I’m on vacay with the fam for the holiday so will order while here then will have it there when I arrive back next week!

How are delivery times? Is it backordered?

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I ordered on Sunday or Monday and received today.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I don't remove any panels, just get all scrunched up in the footwell area and do it with a few fingers and a flashlight. I'm pretty good at putting it in / taking it out. my hands are probably average size.
Sponsored