Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
any thoughts on dirty dog shades?

DirtyDog 4x4 makes great products. I have their rear cargo liner on my JLUR. It’s a top shelf product. Having noted that, I went with an Alien front sun shade. It is also a top shelf product.

Andrew from Alien will hook you up with a forum discount. Simply send him a PM.
Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got two piece Alien. No issues.

F87C41B4-E4C5-4494-9D2F-5750FE408101.jpeg

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@Andy2434 @Rhinebeck01 @Twistbeard

Thanks for your support! :rock:

Can't go wrong with any of the options. With that said, no issues to report from my end with bungees marring or scratching the paint.

@mdelzer what color shade you thinking of going with on your Sting-Gray JLUR?
Quick question--I have been holding off on a AlienSunshade, awaiting release of flag print versions, as are offered for the JK's. Is there a plan to offer these soon? Doesn't seem like the process would be any different, JK or JL, curious why they aren't available. Thanks!

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How do you remove the front hard tops with the Alien shade in place? Doesn't it get in the way of lifting the tops out?

MMcClain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
@mdelzer

I have had my Alien front sunshade on for about 9.5 months now and 16,000+ miles..... and I have absolutely, no sign at all of any way or tear on my sport bars, etc..

The Alien is real decent and offers lots of bang for the buck. With forum discount you can get the front for about $65.

What is the forum discount code? Thanks.

-Mike

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
What is the forum discount code? Thanks.

-Mike
@MMcClain

@AlienSunshade does not post a discount code on the forum....because if they did, the forum discount code would end up all over the internet and then the code does not just benefit forum members lets say.

With that said, click on this > @AlienSunshade and PM, Andrew, the Rep for Alien. Ask him for the forum discount code and he will give it to you. Andrew is quick to get back to you..

DO get the forum discount code, as it does save you $.

MMcClain

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
@MMcClain

@AlienSunshade does not post a discount code on the forum....because if he did, the forum discount code would end up all over the internet and then the code does not just benefits forum members lets say.

With that said, click on this > @AlienSunshade and PM, Andrew, the Rep for Alien. Ask him for the forum discount code and he will give it to you. Andrew is quick to get back to you.. DO get the code as it does save you $.

Thanks! Will do.

-Mike

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
It’s actually quite easy with the Alien. Plenty of room to reach in and flip the latches open or closed all the way around.

How do you remove the front hard tops with the Alien shade in place? Doesn't it get in the way of lifting the tops out?

raddoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Just ordered a Punkin JLUR and these shades seem like a great idea (alien). Besides black or gray, can anyone suggest a good contrasting color for these? Will be getting the front and rear... Pics would be even better!

Thanks in advance

FDXGUY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Just ordered a Punkin JLUR and these shades seem like a great idea (alien). Besides black or gray, can anyone suggest a good contrasting color for these? Will be getting the front and rear... Pics would be even better!

Thanks in advance
I have Punk’n too. Lava is too red, my wife got me a Lava grab bar bag. She ordered me a grey two piece sun shade but it got lost via the shipper. I was originally thinking orange but I haven’t seen an orange one on Punk’n to see how it looks.

Sponsored

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
I have Punk’n too. Lava is too red, my wife got me a Lava grab bar bag. She ordered me a grey two piece sun shade but it got lost via the shipper. I was originally thinking orange but I haven’t seen an orange one on Punk’n to see how it looks.
Ask and you shall receive! Orange on Orange:
aliensunshade_38506528_1775312292576181_7560938884045996032_n.jpg

mickey_temple_43137269_2172828356264148_1600977120255529768_n.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
It’s actually quite easy with the Alien. Plenty of room to reach in and flip the latches open or closed all the way around.
+ @Brian0128

I couldn't agree more... installed mine over the weekend & it's easier to remove the top than with the sunshade I replaced. I like the red up top in the sunlight. I only need the front shade & there's nothiing to get in the way of the Top Lift Pro.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Just received spiderwebs.
1. The big hole for the hard top (how about a velcrod flap or something) it just seems like a wind catcher. (Easy fix)
2. No bungees along back bar so the buffeting is insane, plenty of screws for them to have engineered something. (or easier, spriderballs could be used)
3. the rubbery 3m tape goes on like shit and I've applied a lot of decals over the years

Anyway called these things out as suggested improvements and was simply offered a return. Offer accepted will be boxing back up and looking for other options.
Sponsored