Stuck in park/service shifter

Bc330908

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
We changed out our batteries as well and it did it again. I’m waiting for the cambus part to come in. If that doesn’t work then I may just role it down a hill. Oh wait, it doesn’t want to shift out of park!

I figured this much out. When your driving and your digital speedometer goes out and your gauges drop, just pull over. Sometimes it will work it’s way through it other times the power steering goes. 😒

I’ll let ya know if the cambus works. Hoping to have it finished early next week.
Sponsored

Bc330908

First Name
Brooke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Not going to jinx it. However, the cambus has seemed to work. $275 labor and parts at the dealership. If you pull out the glove box it’s the green connectors.

Granite18jl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara 3.6L 8 speed
I know the feeling bc330908, i have read 10-20 post a day from ess malfunction, stuck shifter, all warning lights on, lost of power steering, car wont start and any other symptoms that i have experienced since this has happened nobody really know a true answer, i have got new batteries, push every fuse down under hood all fuses behind glove box, check wire connections on driver side wheel well, today took out fuse 42 and the Negative from the auxiliary battery first all lights shut off but the Check Engine light was just going to clear codes with reader and see what happens well my first time tried to start and shifter wouldn’t move. Shut jeep off start again and we are off engine light is still on but its truly stressful driving because I’m just waiting to lose my power steering at any moment which In my book is a major Safety issue for Chrysler but I guess they are a reactive company instead of a proactive company so lets just wait for a recall or a fix after someone sues them or get injured from their faulty computer system.
Okay so as some know I have been dealing with this for over a month and have tried numerous things to fix the my problem, the one thing I was in denial about was it being a simple Battery issue the reason being the battery is 2 years old and I felt in No way it could be that, But after today I changed the main battery, and still have the ess system Battery neg disconnect and taped up and zip tied securely as well as fuse42 I think off the top of my head pulled out. I cleared all codes today and drove around as if I have no second battery and seems to be working fine for a day now but as I know this could still be short lived and tomorrow I can be right back to square one and if thats the case my next fix is the Can-bus that was delivered today. I’ll keep everyone posted… pray for me so I can go back to some trails and not worry about getting stuck. So going to show you my old set-up without ess battery hooked up. Basically change battery and disconnect aka bypass ess system and all seems well.

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

ihatemyjeep

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 wrangler sport
Okay so as some know I have been dealing with this for over a month and have tried numerous things to fix the my problem, the one thing I was in denial about was it being a simple Battery issue the reason being the battery is 2 years old and I felt in No way it could be that, But after today I changed the main battery, and still have the ess system Battery neg disconnect and taped up and zip tied securely as well as fuse42 I think off the top of my head pulled out. I cleared all codes today and drove around as if I have no second battery and seems to be working fine for a day now but as I know this could still be short lived and tomorrow I can be right back to square one and if thats the case my next fix is the Can-bus that was delivered today. I’ll keep everyone posted… pray for me so I can go back to some trails and not worry about getting stuck. So going to show you my old set-up without ess battery hooked up. Basically change battery and disconnect aka bypass ess system and all seems well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stuck in park/service shifter IMG_3130

Hey Man,
I was somewhat happy to see I wasn't alone in this whole wacky situation. I followed your story and had some questions.

1. when you disconnected this ECC. Did that affect anything else?

2. I guess, Any updates? How's it doing?

chilsonjay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL

My 2019 JLU Sport is doing this same issue now. Any updates on what yours ended up having fixed? Any continued issues?

chilsonjay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Not going to jinx it. However, the cambus has seemed to work. $275 labor and parts at the dealership. If you pull out the glove box it’s the green connectors.
My 2019 JLU Sport is doing this same issue now. Any updates on what yours ended up having fixed? Any continued issues?
Sponsored