joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
My dream car has been violated!! Thank you to the low life who stole my tail light. Also, they decided to cut the wire instead of just disconnecting the harness. I ordered the tail light ($760) , the harness ETA is end of FEBRUARY!!!! I rigged up a trailer light for now. I hope the motherf’er is happy. :angry:

HOLE.jpg

LIGHT.jpg

REAR.jpg
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Sorry to see this. I hope karma catches up with the low life who did this. Wow, $760 for the light is steep. How did they un-bolt it? Was your top off?

Unfortunately Wranglers are easy targets. Installing a hood lock is mandatory in urban areas. The lack of a hood lock makes it too easy and tempting for thieves. It's not uncommon for entire hoods, batteries, catalytic converters, spare tires, soft tops parts to be stolen. In Chicago you can't even think of having a soft top on because someone will either steal it or slash it to steal something inside.

Last edited:

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
At least yours was worth stealing. Some asshole took the taillight assembly from my old Toyota pickup while I was in a movie.

$760? I guess that’s because of the proximity sensor? Did that include the wiring harness?

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
So...
It's either a jeep owner that busted his and balked at the $700 price to replace so he took yours
or
It's someone who resells the light/sensors - this is bad especially if:
or
it's a kid showing how easy it is to take off a vehicle

I don't like any of these scenarios

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
:swear: wow that is pretty fooking ballsy! And scary...

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
My dream car has been violated!! Thank you to the low life who stole my tail light. Also, they decided to cut the wire instead of just disconnecting the harness. I ordered the tail light ($760) , the harness ETA is end of FEBRUARY!!!! I rigged up a trailer light for now. I hope the motherf’er is happy. :angry:

HOLE.jpg

LIGHT.jpg

REAR.jpg
That’s awful! I hope Karma hunts the person down

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@joeyjoejoe285

How did they go about releasing the tail lights? Did they enter the JL and unbolt each tail light restraining bolt or did they pry them from the outside and snap the nylon restraining bolt?

We had another NY guy report last week that this also happened to his JL. I thought he was bullshitting. as it was his first post here on the forum.

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@joeyjoejoe285

How did they go about releasing the tail lights? Did they enter the JL and unbolt each tail light restraining bolt or did they pry them from the outside and snap the nylon restraining bolt?

We had another NY guy report last week that this also happened to his JL. I thought he was bullshitting. as it was his first post here on the forum.
Looks like they just ripped it off.

The section of black plastic that secures to the nylon retaining bolt is still there. It's a long cone-shaped piece of plastic that is screwed to the back of the taillight itself. It seems to be the weak point. Mine got hooked on the trail and snapped in exactly the same place.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Neanderthalman

So, the ripped off tail light as you call it, rips off and the ripped off tail light is not damaged in the process?

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
One of my buddies has a red Rubicon in NYC and had their tail light stolen yesterday as well, same way, broken right off

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
@joeyjoejoe285

The restraining bolt is a piece of soft plastic. It's so easy to bend or snap.

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase

HOLE.jpg

LIGHT.jpg

REAR.jpg
Man that really sucks. Seems like we live in a world of community property and everyone gets a participation trophy! I am sorry to hear that this happened to you.

Ravager

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic Station Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
Quadratec has the MOPAR LED tail lights for $330
Sponsored