Sponsored

Sting Grey opinions?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sting Gray is very cool, unfortunately so cool that you see many on the road now, but I would still get it again. Also easier to keep clean vs a metallic based paint, and easier to paint match if you ever need to do that down the road.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I ordered a 2020 JLUR in Sting Grey, I went with the intention of ordering Ocean Blue. Sting Grey was my 2nd choice and after seeing them both in person and they were dusty (I live in Arizona), I couldn't really see the dust on the Sting grey and the Blue looked horrible.. So my 2nd choice quickly became 1st choice.
I struggled picking the color and I am happy I went with Sting Grey :clap:

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I love my sting grey.. it’s like a different color jeep in the daylight and night. And always looks clean...

FishtownPride

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
We have the Sting Gray and we like how the colors seem to change during the day. Some days it looks like a military Jeep. Some days it shines three shades lighter. Its a great color to have. Seen a Mojito this morning in Center City, and I think that color would wear on me after a while.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The correct answer is firecracker, but otherwise of those 2 choices i'd probably go with the gray. Not a big fan of blue, especially the darker tones. The JK had that light blue and it was pretty sweet, though. Other shades of blue i like are the laguna seca from the m3 or nogaro from the S4.

Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
I really like my Sting Grey, so does the wife!! like has been said, it looks like a different color in differenbt light. It surprised me in that its almost as good as my white car for not showing dirt. I have the Moab, and any black trim you put on it looks badass too!

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Go with your gut. To me, Sting-Gray fit my image of my Jeep. But everyone is different and they like different things … Your gut won't steer you wrong.(PS, but your wife sometimes will … like that time she wanted me to try Sashimi)

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I absolutely love mine and get compliments on the color all the time:like: Does it show scratches? Not any that I have seen. Dust? Not anymore than any other color I've owned. Ok, I take that back. Black is horrible in that regard:CWL:
Stingray here too, and i try to beat some of the life out of it about every other weekend on trails. I have dragged it against numerous pine trees on the trails and have learned that the KO2s are rock throwing bastards vs. rear hinges. With the exception of the paint chips i have on my rear door hinges BEFORE i put the n-fab steps on, Stingrey does great with all of the concerns you listed. Doesn’t really scratch, doesn’t really show dirt and so on. Also agree with Fox, black is the WORST paint color if you have any degree of OCD towards scratches, water spots, and everything except showroom perfect.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
In love with my SG as well! Just got it early July, and loving how the color changes depending on the lighting. Also get many compliments on how unique the color looks on the Jeep

Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Go with what you like ! I have the sting grey on my MOAB and I love it and always get looks and complements on it. It changes color a bit in the direct sun and has an awesome shine to it.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
We just picked up a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk in Sting Gray. We love it and it does integrate with the black trim and red accents exceptionally well...BUT it seems to be becoming rather popular across other vehicle lines and you will see quite similar colors on the road and I expect it is going to become way more common.

Zombie crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comanche, 240sx, grand Cherokee
Which blue are you looking at, Bikin or ocean? They both look good to me but I love my string gray I would imagine it shows less dirt than the ocean blue since its darker.