Sponsored

Sting Grey opinions?

eggraid101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JLU 2020
So, I have been lurking the forum for a little while, but just joined because I am getting ready to order a 2020 JLU Sport S. Thanks for all the help in that endeavor!

I'm down to the most important decisions: trying to decide between stingray grey or blue. Any comments from Stingray grey owners on how that holds up? Does it shoe scratches or dust more or less than other colors like the blue? Thanks
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I absolutely love mine and get compliments on the color all the time:like: Does it show scratches? Not any that I have seen. Dust? Not anymore than any other color I've owned. Ok, I take that back. Black is horrible in that regard:CWL:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I don't own a Sting-Gray but between your two choices I'd vote for it. Unless, of course, I could convince you to go with Punk'n ;) but not everyone takes to orange.

Nothing against the blue. Wrangles look great in all colors. I just think the SG is more unique.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Like Brandy said above, I've got a lot of compliments on ours. It's easy to keep clean. and doesn't show dirt like the darker colors.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I love my Sting-Gray. I can give you first hand experience on scratches because I have a fair amount of pinstriping! I don't think it is noticeable, and it actually looks cool on the Sting-Gray I think to have some scratches. It is a tougher color to me.

But Ocean Blue would be my second choice right now. So you can't go wrong with either.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I went to buy a Mohito ot Ocean Blue JLUR. Came home with Sting Gray instead. SG was my wife's first choice anyhow. Looks great clean or dirty.
We were like y'all Bruce. We had Pumpkin', and Yellow at the top of the list. Sting Grey was third. That was until we saw the Sting Grey in person. And like your wife, mine also liked it best.

OP
OP
eggraid101

eggraid101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JLU 2020
I don't own a Sting-Gray but between your two choices I'd vote for it. Unless, of course, I could convince you to go with Punk'n ;) but not everyone takes to orange.

Nothing against the blue. Wrangles look great in all colors. I just think the SG is more unique.
You could convince me to go Punk'n, but not my wife! In fact my last two mountain bikes have booth been a beautiful orange.

I think I'm leaning toward the Sting grey

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ok, I don't know what this costs, but Lite Bright just had their Jeep wrapped and the company that did it has multiple options. Just throwing it out there to anyone that might want to change color after a while. It has to be cheaper than a re-spray and it does protect your paint. Me? I'd just get a blue, or maybe orange, but yellow is cool, and then there's the classic white, but red looks really good too....

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I had Anvil on my JKU I owned for 5 years. It’s similar to Sting Grey. The color was great and stayed very clean. You’d barely be able to tell if I just washed it or if it’s been a month. If Mojito wasn’t a color I’d definitely have went with Sting Grey this time around.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ok, I don't know what this costs, but Lite Bright just had their Jeep wrapped and the company that did it has multiple options. Just throwing it out there to anyone that might want to change color after a while. It has to be cheaper than a re-spray and it does protect your paint. Me? I'd just get a blue, or maybe orange, but yellow is cool, and then there's the classic white, but red looks really good too....
Most wraps in my area are 4-5k. Even tho we think it should be easy to wrap a "flat" vehicle it isn't because Jeeps have all those external hinges and I guess you have to remove the flares and mirrors, bumpers, etc. But I still think wraps are cool:like:

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You could convince me to go Punk'n, but not my wife! In fact my last two mountain bikes have booth been a beautiful orange.

I think I'm leaning toward the Sting grey
My wife drives the Orange (Blazing Vopper Metallic) Ford Edge parked behind the Jeep in my earlier picture. She loves that color, but had no desire for us to get that color or Mojito.

I've been more of a green vehicle guy (and a Ford guy). We currently we still have an 84 Bronco II in Dark Spruce and Cream 2-tone, 01 F250 in Dark Highland (Bullitt) and 13 Explorer in Green Gem. But I didn't like Mojito in person.

The Ocean Blue was a close runner up to Sting Gray. Luckily, the dealer we bought from had about every color available optioned like we wanted the day we went shopping.

keithd60

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon2020 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
REALTOR®
I ordered a 2020 JLUR in Sting Grey, I went with the intention of ordering Ocean Blue. Sting Grey was my 2nd choice and after seeing them both in person and they were dusty (I live in Arizona), I couldn't really see the dust on the Sting grey and the Blue looked horrible.. So my 2nd choice quickly became 1st choice.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
I prefer brighter colors, but if you're going to pick from the black/white/silver/gray palette, Sting Gray is definitely my favorite of the bunch. Based on experience with my wife's jeep, I'd say it's a very low maintenance color, in that dirt and minor scratches don't stand out at all.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
The wrap they used was one the company does just for JL's - everything is already cut to fit. Like I said, I don't know the price and it probably varies according to the labor charged.
Sponsored