Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have a tried and true reset for Uconnect 4( no Nav ) the method described in this thread did not work for me, I am thinking if I could reboot it that maybe some of the quirks would go away
Sponsored

Skid99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Which part...the first (holding down buttons) or the second (looking like a fool and driving around 5 times in a tight CC circle under 5 mph)?
I did both parts for my reset and it worked...be very patient and go slowly (wait more than 30 seconds and go under 5). You will kinda see the uconnect system go dark after enough time has passed.
Wife drove the Jeep from Orlando to Kansas City and the time/GPS worked on the way there but on the way back it kept saying she was in Kansas City after fuel stops. I originally thought it was an iPhone issue but after noticing the time wouldn't change back, I looked for a reset option. I first tried the default option then I did the holding the buttons. 2nd try and I left the door open for a minute or two it worked and the time changed back to EST on its own. Thanks for this post.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Not that anyone would want to pay $300 just for this feature, but the Tazer JL can reboot UConnect very easily. If you want/need its other features it’s a great mod. I love mine.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
So have to ask is there a tried and true way to do a soft reset of the Uconnect 4 system, I have tried what’s mentioned and it does not work or I’m not knowing what to look for when it does it’s reset and at present I don’t have the Taser JL :(

Skid99

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
So have to ask is there a tried and true way to do a soft reset of the Uconnect 4 system, I have tried what’s mentioned and it does not work or I’m not knowing what to look for when it does it’s reset and at present I don’t have the Taser JL :(
JeepCares rep had me put the vehicle in RUN position but not start it. Then hold down the Call and Voice Command buttons on the steering wheel for 30 sec. Then turn off the jeep wait for screen to go black and open the driver door and again wait for everything to completely turn off. It did work as far as the soft reset but didn't full resolve the issue. My Jeep is now at the dealership waiting on Chrysler to do some tests before replacing my entire UConnect cause the Hard Reset didn't work either!

Sponsored

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I didn’t read every comment But I just had my uconnect updated at the dealer and Of Course, the screen locked up on waiting to update in one minute, for two days! I disconnected both the batteries but that didn’t fix it so I said f’it and just take it back to the dealer on Monday and let them fix it AGAIN. then I thought The Fuse! Pulled it out for two minutes and Bam! The radio works again! I hope this helps someone else.
which one is the fuse for the uconnect? my freaking screen keeps doing this, but it's too shy to do it in front of the dealership, so they "can't replicate". I'm getting extremely annoyed.

Fuddly5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
Twice Retired
So my wife's jeep has the same issue and it is only 2 days old. She has a Pixel 2 and i have an iPhone 6. When we use the "media" plug under the radio, both carplay and android auto tell us we are in Toledo, but if I plug the iPhone into the center console usb, the phone gps works just fine on the radio. We have not tested the Pixel 2 the same way...that will be tomorrow's plan.
Her jeep is a Hellayella, JLU Sahara with the 7" screen.

Ruiz87usn

First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Did it permanently fix it though? It worked
Which part...the first (holding down buttons) or the second (looking like a fool and driving around 5 times in a tight CC circle under 5 mph)?
I did both parts for my reset and it worked...be very patient and go slowly (wait more than 30 seconds and go under 5). You will kinda see the uconnect system go dark after enough time has passed.
when i did it, then i turned it off and it just went back to its old ways, Apple maps all messed up and showing central instead of eastern time, im about to give up and head to the dealership

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Also, you can enter the "Enginnering Menu" and can do a factory reset and other things

1) Hold hot and cold physical buttons on the dash at the same time for 5 seconds when the car is running
2) Select "Reset to Factory Defaults"

Oviously all settings, pairing, radio stations etc will be lost.

EDIT: Word of warning, there's a risk of loosing Navigation.

Does this work with 7.0 Screen For Jeep JL 2018

micmoor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Wrangler TJ Sahara
I sent a DM to the Jeep Cares team. They asked me for my software version number (which you can get by going into Dealer Mode - press and hold driver temp up and down switched along with front defrost for at least five seconds). My pic of the version number is attached.

This was their response:
"TSB 08-012-18 applies to your VIN, and it will update your radio software level to 1810.02 and improve certain functions of the radio. This may help your current concern. We recommend visiting your local dealer and having this TSB performed."

It looks like it's a dealer-only update.

20180824_132516408_iOS.jpg

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Bumping this thread. So my June built JL is having an issue with the 8.4 (after the offroad page update) where I can't switch between funcions (bottom of screen home buttons) while on. If the Jeep starts and my screen was on Nav and I want to switch to audio or phone etc, when I press the soft buttons on the bottom of the Uconnect screen, it does nothing, the display stays on the nav. No switching to audio, apps, carplay, climate control etc. Turn the Jeep off and restart and all works fine.

Anyone else have this?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Bumping this thread. So my June built JL is having an issue with the 8.4 (after the offroad page update) where I can't switch between funcions (bottom of screen home buttons) while on. If the Jeep starts and my screen was on Nav and I want to switch to audio or phone etc, when I press the soft buttons on the bottom of the Uconnect screen, it does nothing, the display stays on the nav. No switching to audio, apps, carplay, climate control etc. Turn the Jeep off and restart and all works fine.

Anyone else have this?
Yes! I’ve had this happen twice (NAV was not part of the equation when it happened to me), and I’ve also lost volume twice. Once I lost rear camera guidelines. I had to do a full Uconnect reboot via my Tazer to fix in each instance.

I opened a case via Jeep cares, mostly just to have a record of my issue. The UConnect team sent me an email last night asking for details and I replied. Nothing more, yet. I’d suggest you send them a PM to open a case, too. The more feedback they get, the quicker they can triangulate the regression.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
My 7" system does the same thing when I use Google Maps (when plug in my phone/enable Android Auto). I contacted uConnect/Jeep about this and haven't heard back yet. I will try the reset procedure.
*I guess the 7" systems have some sort of GPS in them afterall?
My Android Auto Google Maps on the uConnect almost always thinks I am in Toledo, Ohio (back to the factory, I guess) or somewhere off the coast of Oregon--literally a few miles out in the water.
(Additionally, if I enable my clock on the uconnect system to "sync with GPS" it goes to Eastern time as well--probably because it is syncing with some hard-coded "GPS" in Toledo? Is there even a GPS in the 7" system?)
My 7" uConnect still has the same issues as I noted before (Google Maps, Weather, and Waze all think they are in Toledo...and syncing/enabling the clock to sync with "GPS" always makes my clock EST--even though I am in Central). I haven't taken it to the dealership yet and I don't have a firmware update listed for my VIN on the uConnect site. :(

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Yes! I’ve had this happen twice (NAV was not part of the equation when it happened to me), and I’ve also lost volume twice. Once I lost rear camera guidelines. I had to do a full Uconnect reboot via my Tazer to fix in each instance.

I opened a case via Jeep cares, mostly just to have a record of my issue. The UConnect team sent me an email last night asking for details and I replied. Nothing more, yet. I’d suggest you send them a PM to open a case, too. The more feedback they get, the quicker they can triangulate the regression.
I pm’d @JeepCares and am waiting to hear back. Thanks much. I might need that Tazer. All the reboot procedures and pulling the fuse did not help.
Sponsored