Upgrade from Uconnect3 to Uconnect 4 on JL Sport

dannosky

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport JL
I just bought a 2 door Sport JL and it came with the Uconnect3 though I thought I ordered it with the Uconnect4 option. When I talked to the dealer about it they basically said I was SOL. I asked if I paid the difference if they would upgrade me to 4 and they said they wouldn't.
Has anybody done this upgrade? If so, how much did it cost? And, is it even worth it? The reason I'm considering going to Uconnect4 is for the Apple CarPlay option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dannosky

dannosky

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport JL
Thank you for the pointer. Frustrating, but it is what it is.

wdematt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
@dannosky the Uconnect3 is absolute garbage. I'm having to deal with Jeep and Uconnect to get mine replaced to see if my issues will go away. There's a post about all of the issues that you might want to take a look at. If you ordered it with the Uconnect4 I would get in touch with the Jeep Wave folks and see if they can get it taken care of for you because you definitely do not want this piece of junk radio.

OP
OP
dannosky

dannosky

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport JL
I take responsibility for not paying enough attention during the ordering process - even though the sales person botched my first order attempt, which I'm sure was correct! :) Looking at the bright side of things, I have a new JEEP!!!

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Hi, I know this is a stale thread but I bought a JL sport with the U3. Any experience with upgrade options? I’m not thrilled with the idea of going aftermarket. In particular I am interested in Car Play and a Nav system.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys