Sponsored

Steps on how to reset JL uConnect 4 system

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
This method didn't work for me. I called up Jeep Canada and they gave me slightly different directions. It seems to have fixed the issue for me.

This is what Jeep said to do:

1. Press push button start until you are in either ACC or RUN. Do not turn the vehicle on.
2. Hold down Green Phone button & Voice Recognition button at the same time. Hold for 30 seconds ( for me it worked if it pressed the phone button a split second before touching the voice button. If I pressed the voice button first the system would ramble on about commands ). After 30 seconds let go.
3. Turn the car off, immediately open the drivers door. Hold it open for 30 seconds.
4. Close the door and turn the car on, see if the issue is still there.

Seemed to work for me.
Sponsored

jomax

First Name
Joms
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Firecracker Red
New member Here from Sydney. Recently purchased a 2019 JLUR. 2 months in my head unit turned Black while driving. Still have all the functions but nothing on screen. Been trying to find a reset that works but no luck.

Also went to my dealer yesterday and they said they were going to try to order one in but with this virus issue in afraid I won't be having on screen support for a long time.

Any advise or if someone had the same issue?

Thanks!

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Resets are hit or miss … mostly miss. Pull fuses F97 and F11 … worked for some.

jomax

First Name
Joms
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Firecracker Red
Resets are hit or miss … mostly miss. Pull fuses F97 and F11 … worked for some.
Thanks. Do you think this is same as removing power from battery? I have tried that with no luck.

Sponsored

ldgary

First Name
Leisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I tried all of the methods. Nothing worked. My screen is going crazy changing all by itself from radio channels to AC controls. Navi is also on the fritz. I have a new head unit coming thanks to Jeep Cares. I hope it fixes all these problems in my new to me 19 JLU Rubicon!

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

I ran into an issue today where my dash USB port started to give a “device not supported” despite it working for the past year. This was true for multiple different iPhones and cords, and for all USB ports.

For my vehicle, I was only able to get into dealer mode (front defrost, drivers side cold and warm buttons for 7 seconds) but there was no reset option.

I tried the described reset option (VR and green call button) in every imaginable way: car running vs on, ACC, 30 to 45 seconds, turning off and waiting for the screen to go black versus immediately opening door. None of these worked for me.

Ultimately I popped the hood and pulled out fuse F97, which immediately fixed the issue.

TL;DR: Skip all the BS and just pull your fuses.

Eder

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon JK Unlimited
When I pulled the fuse and reinserted my Sirrius icon has disappeared on the radio...background color went from red to blue.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I pulled the fuse and reinserted my Sirrius icon has disappeared on the radio...background color went from red to blue.
Give it a bit abd it'll all come back. Probably already updated itself by now.

Eder

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon JK Unlimited
Sorry for the slow reply
As you mentioned all went back to normal except still no voice when using maps,google maps or Waze in Carplay mode.
If the radio is going it mutes one side when voice direrctions would normally ne heard but there is no voice...arggg!

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Sorry for the slow reply
As you mentioned all went back to normal except still no voice when using maps,google maps or Waze in Carplay mode.
If the radio is going it mutes one side when voice direrctions would normally ne heard but there is no voice...arggg!
Voice output for things like that actually has its own volume, which you can adjust, during the time that it's playing. Crank your volume knob when you aren't hearing what should be that voice and it should go up.

Eder

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon JK Unlimited
Thanks for the tip...problem fixed! Who knew 3 different volume controls!

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
2018 JL UConnect 7". How do I find the software version? I've been through the menus and cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Not for me. Mine has quit recognizing Apple CarPlay just yesterday. Not sure why. Looks like I'm gonna pull fuse F97 and see if that works.
Sponsored