jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Not to my knowledge
As someone mentioned on the thread, the steering stabilizer is on back order, so they would need to borrow one from another JL on the lot to verify that's the fix. Then tell them you don't feel safe and they have to give you a rental car until the parts come in. That expensive rental car until February (when the part is supposedly available) should create a Star case and escalate getting the stabilizer in sooner.
Sponsored

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
Supposedly they did create a star case.

They gave me a loaner for the week they had it, their service wasn’t bad they just didn’t fix the issue lol.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Supposedly they did create a star case.

They gave me a loaner for the week they had it, their service wasn’t bad they just didn’t fix the issue lol.
Yes, but the Star case will have a lot more priority if you say "I don't feel safe, it is getting worse" when you bring it back next week and they are paying for a loaner for you.

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
Here is what they wrote on my paperwork

image.jpg
What’s funny is that I look at the paperwork now and it doesn’t fit with what they told me

The advisor said they relocated the issue, opened a star case and that’s why they needed it for so long.

I don’t see anything about a star case, it says they didn’t replicate and obviously we know they didn’t fix.

Sponsored

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
Yes, but the Star case will have a lot more priority if you say "I don't feel safe, it is getting worse" when you bring it back next week and they are paying for a loaner for you.
I told them that last time, will make a stink about it this time. It’s absolutely true. What I caught on video is not nearly as bad as it gets, sometimes it’s so bad I have to hit the brakes hard or risk losing control.

My wife won’t even ride in it now. Quite frankly I don’t want to drive it either.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What’s funny is that I look at the paperwork now and it doesn’t fit with what they told me

The advisor said they relocated the issue, opened a star case and that’s why they needed it for so long.

I don’t see anything about a star case, it says they didn’t replicate and obviously we know they didn’t fix.
Did you have the dealer drive your JL over a pot hole, bridge gap, railroad tracks, or anything else that would trigger the steering wobble? You might want to go 30 minutes early to your appointment and drive around the dealership and find something that will trigger it so you can show them. It is tough to fix something if you can't reproduce it. Chasing a ghost.

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
I reproduce the issue every day within 5 miles of the dealer. I told them the exact spots I have it happen on, literally a 10 minute drive and I reproduce it 99% of the time.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I reproduce the issue every day within 5 miles of the dealer. I told them the exact spots I have it happen on, literally a 10 minute drive and I reproduce it 99% of the time.
Sounds like you need to request the service manager take a drive with you.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The dealer service document says they didn't see the problem. So looks like you are dealing with Moe, Larry or Curly at the dealership. Now you are going to have to hold their hand and go on the test drive with them.

Sponsored

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
The dealer service document says they didn't see the problem. So looks like you are dealing with Moe, Larry or Curly at the dealership. Now you are going to have to hold their hand and go on the test drive with them.
I did that with the first dealership. They said I could drop it back off but they didn’t know how long it would take and couldn’t get me a rental car. I was very unhappy with that dealer which is why I tried this other one. They said they reproduced so I was hopeful, now I actually read the paper and see they are just lied

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
So oddly enough, the dealer says it was unbalanced tires and bad alignment.. not totally sure I believe that.

They took it for a drive and had it happen, then made the adjustments and drove it again and it didn't happen. Sure felt a lot more serious than that, but I pick it up on Monday, so we'll see...

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So oddly enough, the dealer says it was unbalanced tires and bad alignment.. not totally sure I believe that.

They took it for a drive and had it happen, then made the adjustments and drove it again and it didn't happen. Sure felt a lot more serious than that, but I pick it up on Monday, so we'll see...
How many miles do you have?