Sponsored

Steering wheel locking up

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine is doing this also just to the left did you fix it ? First time on me today
Hi @Frankycardenas,

Have you notified your servicing Jeep dealer of this? Please feel free to contact our team via private message for support if needed.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

ashnicole18

First Name
ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My steering wheel has been catching since it has gotten colder this is back in October the first time I noticed it. It acts like it wonā€™t turn when you go around curves so I took it into the FEENY dealer here in Gaylord MI
And they stated that it had to be my steering damper became theyā€™ve located a dent on it.
They charged us for the visit stating that it wasnā€™t a warranty issue and they didnā€™t feel right charging Chrysler when they couldnā€™t prove it was or wasnā€™t.
Fast forward to yesterday 12/29/18
We since replaced the underneath with YETI steering stabilizer ect.
On our way home driving the highway at about 75 mph there is a curve
Steering feels tight to begin with and as Iā€™m trying to turn into the curve my wheel is not budging! I was headed straight for the side of the road I had to break hard and try to turn at the same time and it finally broke loose
I am afraid to drive it for fear of it locking up and not breaking loose and killing myself or any passengers
I need a recommended dealership that wonā€™t push me away and CHARGE Me for a damn service when It clearly I s a warranty issue 100%
i am having the same issue!