Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
B/c it explains why you're defending your purchase so vigorously.

Human nature is to defend that which we've invested in. We tend to lose objectivity as is clear in this case. I was just trying to determine the psychology of your reasoning since it runs counter to facts.
I'm defending it, yes of course, because I like it. And after 25+ years of owning a Jeep aftermarket accessories suck in comparison. I'm not being biased because I have them...I got them because I like them. That even make sense lol

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
That cost is in addition to the plastic bumpers. Again, the rear bumper is worthless. I’m glad you are enjoying your Mopar bumpers. For the rest of the world there are much better options. I’ll gladly sell you my Mopar set so you can have a spare set of the best bumpers in the world.
Plastic bumpers are a cover they serve no real function, the "bumper" is behind the plastic cover

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm defending it, yes of course, because I like it. And after 25+ years of owning a Jeep aftermarket accessories suck in comparison. I'm not being biased because I have them...I got them because I like them. That even make sense lol
But you obviously haven’t owned ANY of the quality brands that have been mentioned here, all of which can be had for less than the Mopar set.

Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
ARIGHT, ARIGHT...I SURRENDER!!
figure_surrender_flag_anim_md_wm.gif

Moringa

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Does anyone know where the mopar steel bumpers are manufactured. I am looking for a US made product is possible. Will be placing my order today. Am thinking about not getting this option and looking into aftermarket.

GunnersJL

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubi, 2015 JGC Diesel Overand
All this kind of depends on how the owner plans to wheel his or her Jeep. Light wheeling, not a lot of slipping down rocks onto the bumper, the factory steel bumpers are perfect and do look pretty darn good.

I just ordered a JLRU without the Mopar steel bumpers. I intend to upgrade. I don't wheel aggressively, but I do wheel in places like Moab every couple of years. Watch some of the online videos. You'll see that happens to the rear bumper and the body when you slide off a rock face and land on the bumper. Bumper and body damage. Too much flex. It's just not very strong.

Also, I tow. The factory bumper is fine for towing, but not really ideal. It does not tie directly to the frame the way an aftermarket bumper does, a big part of the reason the tow rating is so low (not the only reason).

As others noted earlier, it's all user dependent.

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
I think the factory steel bumpers are ok. It’s a decision that depends on many factors.

I went with them simply because I just don’t feel like messing around with aftermarket upgrades right now (too much other sh*t taking up most of my time). Rear sensors are built in, too, which is compelling.

That said, they’re not the thickest steel in the world. I’ve got aftermarket AEVs in my JKU & they’re more like a tank. My wife got rear ended in it a few years ago & the Jeep came out with a scratch or two on the bumper paint, whereas the other car was totaled. I don’t think the factory mopar steel numbers would come out as unscathed under similar circumstances.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I will definitely be getting after market bumpers. Is there any reason to order the steel bumpers on a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon? Do they come with any other upgrade that would be worthwhile?
No nothing comes with them other than being still bumpers and everybody’s complaining about the bumpers not been sturdy enough mostly the back bumper. So I would not order steel bumpers if you definitely plan on getting new front and rear bumpers.

Rubicon Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2017 RAM Power Wagon, 2018 Rubicon - 2D
Correct me if im wrong, but the bumper is not winch ready. Still needs winch plate, which is another $250.
You are correct. However, $250-300 for a winch mounting plate is WAY cheaper than any after market winch ready bumper will be...

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This is ridiculous lol.....everyone is going to have their own opinion on the steel/aftermarket debate. Like a few people said it depends on what your trying to accomplish. I got the steel bumper option as I THINK they look and function way better than the plastic bumpers, the factory warranty with them so its not my problem if they rust or anything is wrong with the finish and knowing it was gonna be a while before anything decent came out available to purchase. That being said I may purchase aftermarket in a few years
down the road but for now I didn't want to have to mess with the finish getting messed up with salt and what not during the winter months.

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just dont see anything wrong with the $1300 option especially if I decide to sell them down the road to someone who will want them as you know there will always be someone willing to take them off your hands....just my 2 cents....
Sponsored