First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
I will be ordering my JLUR in April. I'm going back and forth on the steel bumper group. I'm planning to put after market bumpers on, so i'm leaning towards not getting the steel bumpers. I just want to make sure i'm not missing something that will cost me down the road such as different wiring with plastic vs. steel. Also getting the tow package, how does that affect the rear bumper? I'm planning on swapping out the front bumper within a couple months of purchase. Rear bumper after that but not at the same time.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Save your money then. I am in process of swapping my front to a factory steel. the front alone cost as much as the upgrade. There are no differences in anything else though. The fog lights mount different but that shouldn't effect you.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
You might make sure that the aftermarket rear bumper you want to run is compatible with with a receiver. Otherwise, you’re throwing that money out, too.

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Save your money then. I am in process of swapping my front to a factory steel. the front alone cost as much as the upgrade. There are no differences in anything else though. The fog lights mount different but that shouldn't effect you.
Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty sure after researching that the front bumper wouldn't be a problem... maybe some re-arranging of the fog light wiring if anything. My main concern is the rear bumper as far as the tow package configuration.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If you already plan on aftermarket, save the money. I didn't want them necessarily, but the Jeep on the lot already had them...I'm not mad at the front but the rear will probably be replaced with the AEV rear when its made available.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty sure after researching that the front bumper wouldn't be a problem... maybe some re-arranging of the fog light wiring if anything. My main concern is the rear bumper as far as the tow package configuration.
Got it. not sure on the rear. To my knowledge... there is nothing else in the rear included in the steel bumper pack. The tow package can go on either plastic or steel. The back up sensors is a thing if you have them.... no clue if that effects anything depending on plastic or steel.

OP
OP
JeepNomad

JeepNomad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Got it. not sure on the rear. To my knowledge... there is nothing else in the rear included in the steel bumper pack. The tow package can go on either plastic or steel. The back up sensors is a thing if you have them.... no clue if that effects anything depending on plastic or steel.
Yeah, that's the only thing I can see being a problem are the back up sensors but i'm not planning on getting those so no problem there. Just making sure there's no quirky differences that will bite me later. I thought of this while researching tops. Originally I was going to get a soft top with the intent on upgrading to a hard top down the road when I start doing a lot of camping in bear country. Then I saw a thread on here that said if you are even thinking about putting a hard top on your jeep at some point go with the hard top from factory so the wiring harness for the rear window stuff is installed. Trying to install that harness down the road would be a nightmare.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I will be ordering my JLUR in April. I'm going back and forth on the steel bumper group. I'm planning to put after market bumpers on, so i'm leaning towards not getting the steel bumpers. I just want to make sure i'm not missing something that will cost me down the road such as different wiring with plastic vs. steel. Also getting the tow package, how does that affect the rear bumper? I'm planning on swapping out the front bumper within a couple months of purchase. Rear bumper after that but not at the same time.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ng-on-ordering-the-steel-bumper-option.44772/
Sponsored