• Total voters

Pierpa01

First Name
Pier Paolo Cava
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jku
Good day I write from Italy, I bought a JLU rubicon in Italy does not come with the iron bumpers but with plastic ones, I would like an information on those in iron and can mount the parking sensors in front and back ?, in Italy they all arrive with parking sensors,
Thanks so much
Sponsored

shmpls

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, BMW M4
I don't care about the other car, I care about mine.
I am talking about a low speed collision that would have caused pretty much zero damage to either car. But because of a bull bar and steel d ring mounts it caused expensive damage to the other car - which I will pay for since I rear ended them. That is the kind of situation I am most likely to have in my commute on city streets where we have snow and ice half the year.

Just something I think about. Definitely not a major factor for most.

The only accident I was ever in was backing out of a parking spot and someone behind me backed out at the same time. What would have been a love tap turned into a new bumper for them because my receiver hitch punched a perfect square hole in their bumper. Doh! At least there it was no fault.

Reactions: baz

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I went steel aftermarket... but it's only been a little over a month I noticed a small speck of rust on the weld where the light bracket meets the bull bar. Another poster mentioned a tendency to rust over time (I can't find the post & I gave up looking) and I think I jinxed myself. I spritzed it with some Barricade for now....but that's only gonna last so long. I still like the steel.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Good day I write from Italy, I bought a JLU rubicon in Italy does not come with the iron bumpers but with plastic ones, I would like an information on those in iron and can mount the parking sensors in front and back ?, in Italy they all arrive with parking sensors,
Thanks so much
Ciao e congratulazioneā€¦ What type of information are you looking for on steel bumpers? Some steel bumper manufacturers have instructions on how to install the sensors into the steel bumper, so I'm sure it's possible.

Last edited:

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
Ciao e congratulazioneā€¦ What type of information are you looking for on steel bumpers? Some steel bumper manufacturers have instructions on how to install the sensors into the steel bumper, so I'm sure it's possible.
Hi, I am also curious which steel bumpers do accommodate the front parking sensors bcse I am definitely gonna get rid of my eurobumper when i get my jeep. If anyone can tell me a EU supplier of such a steel bumper that would be appreciated (BE,DE,ES,..?)

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't tell you which specific bumpers allow for front parking sensors. You'd have to shop around, get proper fitment, etc. and I'm not sure how many forum members here would know of any retailers in the EU.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Less concerned of the look, steel or plastic and why?
I opted for the steel bumper group because I prefer the steel for its strength. It does also look much better in my eyes.

If so inclined and I decide to go with aftermarket steel bumpers, at some point, I can probably recoup much of the costs.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
For less money you will find a better quality aftermarket bumper. It also gives you a more personalized look.
"For less money you'll find a better quality aftermarket bumper?!!" Who the heck told you that lol

Name me one steel bumper that is better quality than the factory rubi and less money??? That's ridiculous

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Iā€™ll be getting plastic but quickly removing them for Aluminum up front and probably steel in the back if I canā€™t find a nice aluminum that I like.

I think Iā€™d prefer aluminum for
1. Weight and gas mileage
2. Wont rust.

Sure thereā€™s less strength but I probably wonā€™t drop the full weight of the car on them from 8ft and I prefer not having to kill my gas mileage in a daily driver or constantly touch up paint to prevent rust.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have aftermarket steel on my JKU. I ordered factory steel for my 2019 JLU. I chose factory as I like that it would have been involved in crash studies that aftermarket would never go through. The rear bumper isnā€™t great looking which is too bad, but itā€™s fine. I really like the front bumper though. I plan to reinforce the tailgate and call it good.

Sponsored

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
If going off-road those red hooks on the plastic bumpers wonā€™t work as a hook up to get pulled out (maybe can hook to frame). The steel bumpers can support D rings and a winch.

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4, Jl 2Dr Sport Granite Cyrstal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
If you never go off road then your plastic bumper is fine,obviously the main reason is winch capability of steel versus the plastic. Also scar up a plastic on rock it's scarred. Scar a steel bumper the fix can be as cheap as a can of rustoleum.
Sponsored