Sponsored

Start stop secondary battery?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Still waiting for my 392 to finish being built and it has probably been asked but since the 392 does not have the start/stop feature is there still an extra battery in there or is it just empty space?
Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Still waiting for my 392 to finish being built and it has probably been asked but since the 392 does not have the start/stop feature is there still an extra battery in there or is it just empty space?
Thankfully, no extra battery behind pax side wheel well.

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
This simple one battery system was a factor in my decision to buy the 392. The only Wrangler model without any "hybrid" complexity or BS.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
This simple one battery system was a factor in my decision to buy the 392. The only Wrangler model without any "hybrid" complexity or BS.
True. I think those early 18 19 3.6L without 48V mild hybrid(both manual and 8 speed auto) will be very thought after in the Offroad community later on, especially after the warranty runs out.

Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. I think those early 18 19 3.6L without 48V mild hybrid(both manual and 8 speed auto) will be very thought after in the Offroad community later on, especially after the warranty runs out.
Absolutely. They will also be sought after.

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Good to know and a question I had early on before forgetting to ask. This should make the Genesis dual battery tray just a bit easier to install---assuming there is still space after stuffing the 392 into the engine bay. I'm wondering what engine compartment "add-on's" will not work with the new engine set up. I'm thinking SPOD and the Grimm/ARB air pump setup may have issues.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Good to know and a question I had early on before forgetting to ask. This should make the Genesis dual battery tray just a bit easier to install---assuming there is still space after stuffing the 392 into the engine bay. I'm wondering what engine compartment "add-on's" will not work with the new engine set up. I'm thinking SPOD and the Grimm/ARB air pump setup may have issues.
The battery position is different, do they have a revised design for 392? I’m already stocking parts for my 392….. horrible habits I know…

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 392 engine bay is pretty crowded. Don't see much room for the dual battery setup.
Jeep Wrangler JL Start stop secondary battery? 392UnderHood

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Or much of anything else for that matter.
Sponsored