Sport..

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Well I've been waiting to buy this truck for two years. A Sahara is only a Sport S with the visual upgrades pretty much if I'm correct. Rather or not they reviewed it or not, I planned on buying the JLU regardless long as what I heard was positive and they review's are indeed positive.
I meant to direct that reply to Great Grape Ape. Sorry bout that!
Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well I don't even climb rocks now lol I have a GC right now. I'm buying more for the open air experience so it's straight out of the gate rock crawling abilities doesn't attract me. What does attract me is the amount of customizable features a Wrangler brings to the table.
Jeep wants you to buy a 4 door Sahara then lol.....I havent looked at what optoins the Sport S gets over the Sport but I imagine its significantly more....less than a Sahara of course, but still more than base.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Perhaps a better blank canvas would be a used JK sport.. for 2/3 the price, it cannot be beat. IMO only a small fraction of buyers are going to be dishing out 30k for a blank canvas, to which they will then paint on 10-15k worth of mods.

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Jeep wants you to buy a 4 door Sahara then lol.....I havent looked at what optoins the Sport S gets over the Sport but I imagine its significantly more....less than a Sahara of course, but still more than base.
I wanted black top and fenders and I added the Technology group to my Sport S which gives me the screen and stuff included with a Sahara. After that, only difference is all visually.

BF3E0934-C97A-43E9-AAE4-90DEDBDC3F77.jpeg

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Perhaps a better blank canvas would be a used JK sport.. for 2/3 the price, it cannot be beat. IMO only a small fraction of buyers are going to be dishing out 30k for a blank canvas, to which they will then paint on 10-15k worth of mods.
People that buy them as blank canvasses aren’t spendig $30K for factory installed stuff. Unlike you they are fine with adding things from Mopar and the aftermarket and doing it in stages. If you have resistance to adding LEDs, then you’re not part of the faction that has anything to do with a blank canvas.

As for the reviews, laugh all you want, but you need to Look Harder Homer.

I won’t do the work for you, especially wih all the associated moaning about it instead of actual searching, but here’s a hint, don’t look at reviews focusing on their time in NZ where there were only Saharas and Rubicons, look at ones from Arizona which also had Sports.

Seriously, a little critical thinking and effort on your part, and you can figure this stuff out for yourself instead of making multiple threads about it. :idea:

7F33F865-9B04-43B7-A4A0-51B70DA114DB.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
People that buy them as blank canvasses aren’t spendig $30K for factory installed stuff. Unlike you they are fine with adding things from Mopar and the aftermarket and doing it in stages. If you have resistance to adding LEDs, then you’re not part of the faction that has anything to do with a blank canvas.

As for the reviews, laugh all you want, but you need to Look Harder Homer.

I won’t do the work for you, especially wih all the associated moaning about it instead of actual searching, but here’s a hint, don’t look at reviews focusing on their time in NZ where there were only Saharas and Rubicons, look at ones from Arizona which also had Sports.

Seriously, a little critical thinking and effort on your part, and you can figure this stuff out for yourself instead of making multiple threads about it. :idea:

7F33F865-9B04-43B7-A4A0-51B70DA114DB.png
Lol wish I could respond in a non-forum manner. Looks like you couldn’t find those reviews, could you.. I saw all the reviews. No reviews of the Sport, besides added shots of the Sport driving by. All driving reviews are Sahara or Rubicon. And yes, I want to learn about the product I’m potentially buying. Now please, leave my thread. :):giggle:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Lol wish I could respond in a non-forum manner. Looks like you couldn’t find those reviews, could you.. I saw all the reviews. Yes, I want to learn about the product I’m potentially buying. Now please, leave my thread. :):giggle:
Why would I do the work for you? Again, you need to look harder than just the JL forum collection (and not the usual suspect), and perhaps instead of creating a 7th thread about the travails of wanting a Sport+++ but wanting to pay less than a SportB, you might actually find some more info yourself.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Is anyone else really starting to become bothered by the lack of coverage/photos of the JL Sport? Why is it that we have seen every square inch of the Rubicon and Sahara, but have only seen the Sport in the background of all shots?!?! This is getting ricidulous! Jeep released ONE PHOTO of the Sport.. and that photo is a sh*tty one from the brochure. Are they not proud of/confident in the product?..

The Sport makes up majority of the sales. This just proves that Jeep is showing us what we COULD have (Rubicon), but will end up stiffing us for what we’ll eventually settle for (Sport) due to ludicrous pricing. Using Rubi as bait to get buyers interested, and then.. “oh wait.. you can’t afford that one.. here’s the Sport!”
:headbang::punch:
I'm not too put out about it. Jeep and reviewers are going to play up the more pimped out versions. I'll want to see up close and do some driving before making a decision anyway, and have more solid info about the manual transmission. I would probably go with a JLU Sport with hardtop and not much else. Auto trans if the manual turns out not solid. I can get tires and wheels later in the size and style I want at reasonable cost. (I got crazy good deal on my Land Rover tires with Memorial Day tire sales.) Install a small lift myself if necessary. I don't care about led headlights or other stuff. If I want red tow hooks, I will paint them Rustolium Red. :)

Sponsored

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
I've looked around a bit for Sport specific reviews (YouTube) as well and haven't really found much but it's like previously stated, Jeep wants to show off their best to draw-in buyers.

I'll be in the market for a modestly equipped Sport S in time for the 2019 models. I'm not an avid off-roader much less rock crawler (FL). This would be a outdoor convertible fun-vehicle (again FL) and low mileage DD for the wife. We are older and don't want anymore boring vehicles.

Only options for me aside form the "S" extras are Auto, anti-slip and premium soft top. I'm a practical guy and really have no need for most of the other options and it'll save me money. This will be the most expensive vehicle purchase we've made and the 1st new vehicle in almost 25 years. We drive our vehicles for an average of 15 yrs.

The few options I might find useful I can add later aftermarket at a savings such as LED headlamps and side-steps.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I've looked around a bit for Sport specific reviews (YouTube) as well and haven't really found much but it's like previously stated, Jeep wants to show off their best to draw-in buyers.

I'll be in the market for a modestly equipped Sport S in time for the 2019 models. I'm not an avid off-roader much less rock crawler (FL). This would be a outdoor convertible fun-vehicle (again FL) and low mileage DD for the wife. We are older and don't want anymore boring vehicles.

Only options for me aside form the "S" extras are Auto, anti-slip and premium soft top. I'm a practical guy and really have no need for most of the other options and it'll save me money. This will be the most expensive vehicle purchase we've made and the 1st new vehicle in almost 25 years. We drive our vehicles for an average of 15 yrs.

The few options I might find useful I can add later aftermarket at a savings such as LED headlamps and side-steps.
Dealer videos of the Sport are starting to show up on youtube.

Here's a walk around of a Sport S.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR

The Sports look good, I know there is a bunch of overshadowing from the higher trims,which is pretty typical, but the sport is a really great package... the one and only thing that baffles me ( and I believe they will change it in the not too distant future) is the lack of factory ordered LED lights.
Sponsored