Speaker issue?

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I'm having the same issue as others here. Certain music makes my steering area vibrate and gives me the Charlie Brown teacher effect. Very damn annoying. I'll call my dealer and see if they have a known fix . Otherwise I'll try to resolve it myself.

Thanks everyone who put time into troubleshooting this.

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Don’t forget the blowtorch

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Can’t understand why not one person can describe how to remove these panels.

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
Can’t understand why not one person can describe how to remove these panels.
I'm sure there are a few YouTube videos on it. You should start there. I'll let you know how I do it once I take mine apart otherwise.

Sponsored

hfc0105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How do these panels come off?
My dealership was able to resolve this charlie brown issue based on @Jlo_1212 information - however you can still "feel" the vibration through he steering column but I can live with that. I will be returning to the dealership as they broke or lost one of the clips that holds the panel on - creating a whole new rattle on rough roads...I know jeeps rattle but this has been one thing after the other...

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
My dealership was able to resolve this charlie brown issue based on @Jlo_1212 information - however you can still "feel" the vibration through he steering column but I can live with that. I will be returning to the dealership as they broke or lost one of the clips that holds the panel on - creating a whole new rattle on rough roads...I know jeeps rattle but this has been one thing after the other...
What's concerning to me is what happened to make this issue happen after a few months. Did something break off or wear out? There has to me something more to it. I'd like to fix both the sound and the vibration.

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I'm sure there are a few YouTube videos on it. You should start there. I'll let you know how I do it once I take mine apart otherwise.
Jeez. An answer. Thank you

Hazelwood7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Rubicon V6
You can add me to the growing list of people with this problem. I have an appt. with the dealer. I hope they don’t have my car for ten days. What does Jeep cares do fo you? Do they tell them where to look?

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I am effected by this as well... pretty much can't play Metallica in my Jeep, seriously annoying!

Sponsored

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
For my Jeep a good way to demonstrate it is to make a phone call. The ringing always vibrates the column. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but worth a try if you need to demonstrate it.

JB3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Jeep JLU
+1 on the same issue. I just came across this thread today and last week I scheduled an appt with the dealer where I described it as "charlie brown teacher sounds" near where the driver right knee is while driving.

I will pass along the gateway module info and hopefully they can fix it faster now that others have absorbed the pain of learning the root cause.

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I am effected by this as well... pretty much can't play Metallica in my Jeep, seriously annoying!
Is your vibration on the bass above? Next time you play mettalica grab the bar behind your head and pull down? I have both the vibration under the column on talk and on the bass. The speaker bar above vibrated which I put a piece of foam there and it helps but I need more. The plastic bar that holds the speakers vibrates with the steel structural member. Jeep put a cheap piece of tape thinking that would buffer but not even close. I guess that’s what we get for $54,000!!

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I assume I should be added to the list.

Front left speaker on the driver side where the windshield meets the dash seems to be popping/cracking/etc.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe it’s this issue (or a blown speaker which would be crazy, I’m a pretty boring guy who listened to audio books and “Baby Shark” on max volume of 10 for my kids).

I’ll mess with the clips mentioned and see if that helps.

@JeepCares I do *not* plan to take this to the dealer based on other feedback in the thread so far. Please keep us posted whenever you get this escalated internally for an official TSB or recall. Until then, it’s not worth a trip in and days upon days without the Jeep and a low likelihood of success.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
I listen primarily to Howard Stern and I have noticed the front left speaker vibrates to the point it almost sounds like it's blown but when I play music it's fine. I put all sound front left and was feeling around to see if I touched anything tht it would go away, but nothing. Anyone else. Put up some sport talk and see.
My front left speaker is horrid. Phone calls and using Google Maps tethered are atrocious.
Sponsored