Sponsored

Soft top window storage

Greenie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Don't believe it, it's a CYA at most. I've ridden with the window bag run just as the diagram on it shows - behind the rear seat, strap run through the pull tabs on the seat, top down and pressed against it - without issue for two years, no damage.
I purchased the OEM soft top bag but unsure where to strap it behind the rear seat. The bag seems WAY wider than the rear seat. Can you show me a pic of how you made it fit?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I purchased the OEM soft top bag but unsure where to strap it behind the rear seat. The bag seems WAY wider than the rear seat. Can you show me a pic of how you made it fit?
Sure thing, not my pic, but from a way back on this forum. Just need to roll the corners in:

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top window storage 1AAB56AF-089C-4721-82A7-4A0D8AE8A87E

Mompalm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2002 TJ Sahara
I bought this window bag from BJD Customs, very nice quality and works great.

It has grommets along the top so you can hang it on the garage wall when it's not in the Jeep.

Thanks for the link. We just ordered one, along with soft top bungee cords.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes

It has grommets along the top so you can hang it on the garage wall when it's not in the Jeep.

_a39c67c0-10f9-448f-81ff-065ac5406c9c_1024x1024@2x.jpg
I have one of these. Very nice!

I have one of these bags too. Very nice!

Sponsored

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I have the mopar bag. Zero complaints. I like how I can just keep the back window bottom plastic bar attached to the window and it still fits fine in the bag.

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have a JLUR and the BJD Custom bag; however, I keep my rear seats down and there’s not enough room to “hang” the bag w/windows from the front seats. I keep the cargo area flat for my dogs but it means I can’t carry windows.

Anyone MacGyver a solution? Bought the Jeep for a Dog-Crawler sothe windows stay behind before the dogs do! Pic for reference.

215D50C6-098A-4558-97E6-B6CF962D4777.jpeg

58E537F8-A770-4B25-80B5-999B7651B220.jpeg

QuietChaos

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JGCL
Love those sweet faces!

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
My mopar premium twill soft top had a storage bag in the box package when I opened, there is no item number on the plastic wrap around it or on the bag itself to see which one it is, but it’s pretty nice

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I have a JLUR and the BJD Custom bag; however, I keep my rear seats down and there’s not enough room to “hang” the bag w/windows from the front seats. I keep the cargo area flat for my dogs but it means I can’t carry windows.

Anyone MacGyver a solution? Bought the Jeep for a Dog-Crawler sothe windows stay behind before the dogs do! Pic for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top window storage 58E537F8-A770-4B25-80B5-999B7651B220

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top window storage 58E537F8-A770-4B25-80B5-999B7651B220
You're lucky to have such sweet, calm dogs in the Jeep! My 90 lbs Yellow Lab is normally calm but when it comes to a ride in the Jeep - flips out. I had a canvas mesh barrier like yours that survived the 5 minutes it takes to drive to the vet, sort of. She chewed through in several places and ATE both rear seat belts. The seat belts took literally seconds. I was stunned at the carnage.

Now I just put a moving blanket over the console and let her have the back to roam in. That seems to work for now. No solution for all the white hair in a black interior but that's what the free vacuum at the car wash is for.

Sponsored

RenegadeT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ-7, 99 XJ, 2018 JLR
Is everyone storing their windows vertically? I have the Mopar bag, and Mopar premium soft top. With the plastic support piece at rear corner of Jeep being integrated in the side windows, it just seems like a bad idea to try and store the bag vertically. My windows are in great shape, and I'm trying to keep them that way. I lay my bag flat, even though it take a lot more garage space. Of course, with a 2-dr (maybe even a 4-dr), its really not feasible to bring the windows in bag with you and laying them flat. If I bring my windows with me, they are installed, not in bag.

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
You're lucky to have such sweet, calm dogs in the Jeep! My 90 lbs Yellow Lab is normally calm but when it comes to a ride in the Jeep - flips out. I had a canvas mesh barrier like yours that survived the 5 minutes it takes to drive to the vet, sort of. She chewed through in several places and ATE both rear seat belts. The seat belts took literally seconds. I was stunned at the carnage.

Now I just put a moving blanket over the console and let her have the back to roam in. That seems to work for now. No solution for all the white hair in a black interior but that's what the free vacuum at the car wash is for.
As to the hair, at this point, I tell people it’s a lifestyle choice. Good news is those folks worried about it don’t ride on my sled!

ecnrsfm_3hnds

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I think your points are spot on - and, as you noted if you carry anything in the cargo area, you’re better off installing the windows. Of course, in my mind, this totally defeats the purpose and ‘flexibility’ of the drop top.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

fjrrider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUS
I had the Mopar version with my first JL. When I sold it, I intended on keeping the window storage bag and providing the freedom panel storage bag with it. Instead, I threw in the window storage bag by mistake and kept the freedom panel storage bag.
So if you picked up a used firecracker red 20 JL with a window storage bag and no freedom panel storage bag, let me know and I'll send it to you! p.s. I know where it has been serviced, so don't try to pull a fast one one me! Then again, if you have the window storage bag, then you probably aren't reading this thread.
I bought the $50 Amazon knock-off model. It's not made as well as the Mopar version (surprise, surprise). It has worked fine so far, but the quality of the zipper is suspect. I'm guessing that is what will fail and, when it does, I'll go ahead and buy the Mopar version again.
Sponsored