Sponsored

Soft top window storage

Footbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited White Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I've lived in FL, TX, and SC and I've never noticed something like this. I keep the windows rolled and stored on the Jeep so I can throw them back on before a rain storm.
Just open for anyone to grab if you leave your Jeep or is there a way to secure them?
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Just open for anyone to grab if you leave your Jeep or is there a way to secure them?
Nope, but with a soft top there's not way to secure the windows even they're installed.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I still can't figure out how to lay the back window (from the soft top) flat in the truck without folding down rear seats. I recall one member confirmed it is possible. Could someone else please verify?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Damn...I didn’t know I could. That’s okay, my soft top time will start in October or November, hopefully that’s plenty of time for them to be purchased after market. Thanks again for the information.
Trina--you plan on going soft top in the (Florida) Winter? Is this because your feel the hard top, with maybe headliners, will help address the heat of Florida summers?

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I need more details on this. I've been taking my windows off a lot and am noticing that they have all ready had some minor damage because of the lack of good storage.

I'm afraid of rolling them, as now they have the plastic retainers on all sides. I don't think that they will deal well with being bent and rolled up for long term storage. I want them laid flat and protected.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Meh. Going to work on some kind of hanger system in my garage this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone has done the conceptual work for me before I got started.
So weird. This morning on the way to work I was thinking of the same thing. Some hanger system. I do have something drawn up.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Is it me? I'm listening to people's stories here about the fragility of merely storing a window, protecting it from the elements if you will, that it is suppose to be designed to deal with and that mother nature can kick up into its design at 60+ mph?

Here is a little of what I feel I am hearing.

"I took the bullet proof armor off the military tank today to service parts concealed by it, and in the process of doing so, put major dents in a plate designed to result high caliber bullets."

Can FCA not build a better "mousetrap" here?

Deezflops

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Is it me? I'm listening to people's stories here about the fragility of merely storing a window, protecting it from the elements if you will, that it is suppose to be designed to deal with and that mother nature can kick up into its design at 60+ mph?

Here is a little of what I feel I am hearing.

"I took the bullet proof armor off the military tank today to service parts concealed by it, and in the process of doing so, put major dents in a plate designed to result high caliber bullets."

Can FCA not build a better "mousetrap" here?

I'd say that I already have a crease from leaving it folded for a short time, and a few scratches from the plastic of the side window resting on and scratching the rear window. So I'd say the windows are fine taking wind at 60+ MPH, but don't seem to be fine with bending and scratching... I'm hoping the crease works itself out, but the scratches look like they'll be there for good.

JaytheJeepGuy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Jeep Cherokee (sold), ‘98 TJ (RIP), ‘07 JK (sold), ‘15 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Bestop just released this bag for their Trektop NX Glide top for the JK. Based on the features of the top, it looks like the JL zipperless windows were modeled off of it. It’s a little pricey, but I’m going to give it a try. Looks like it won’t ship until late April.

Bestop 42815-35 Window Storage Bag for Bestop Trektop NX Glide
https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop-window-storage-bag-for-trektop-nx-glide

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Called Jeep Wave during the Off Road Pages crisis of 2018. While I was on the phone I asked about the part number for the Mopar soft top window storage bag. Apparently they found it and called me back a couple weeks back to tell me they were going to ship one to my dealer with my name on it. Supposed to be in by end of the month. Might be an option for people who want a storage bag.

Sponsored

Sschmittou

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jku 75th anniversary, 2018 JlU rubicon
Occupation
Homeland security
I took my windows off today, to lower the top. I had to take them in the house and spread the across the dining room table. My wife was not thrilled.

For her 2017 jku soft top we got a bag shaped like a tube that the 3 windows slid in seprate velvet lined sections then roll up. But my jlur has the hard plastic so that won' work.

Thanks obama, Trump, Fca, whatever

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I took my windows off today, to lower the top. I had to take them in the house and spread the across the dining room table. My wife was not thrilled.

For her 2017 jku soft top we got a bag shaped like a tube that the 3 windows slid in seprate velvet lined sections then roll up. But my jlur has the hard plastic so that won' work.

Thanks obama, Trump, Fca, whatever
"My wife was not thrilled" is so true for much of one's married life, it made me laugh.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Has anyone seen any photos of the mythical window storage bag?

Called Jeep Wave during the Off Road Pages crisis of 2018. While I was on the phone I asked about the part number for the Mopar soft top window storage bag. Apparently they found it and called me back a couple weeks back to tell me they were going to ship one to my dealer with my name on it. Supposed to be in by end of the month. Might be an option for people who want a storage bag.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Damn...I didn’t know I could. That’s okay, my soft top time will start in October or November, hopefully that’s plenty of time for them to be purchased after market. Thanks again for the information.
You couldn't. You ordered before I did and it wasn't available when I ordered. I tried.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
You couldn't. You ordered before I did and it wasn't available when I ordered. I tried.
Doesn’t matter now that I’ve reordered without the dual tops.
Sponsored