Soft Top swing gate bar something wrong

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So I have taken the back window out and as you know, it is attached to the swing gate bar. I have stored the window in the soft window storage bag but the manual says not to store the swing gate bar in the bag. Do you guys leave the swing gate bar attached to the jeep or shelf it?

Also, my swing gate bar is having some issues. Please see pictures attached. Which side is correct? On one end the rubber part is tucked in, the other end isn’t. I didn’t do this, it must have come like this from the factory.

Thank you!

31FB749D-18AA-4268-ACD7-752BC0C3A198.jpeg

ECF36863-5370-4C9F-A0E9-92E795F8A7B4.jpeg

8FB3D424-C15B-403E-89CC-1368E144D7B8.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed it, but glad to see you took delivery of your Jeep. Did you post pics. Congrats (sorry can’t provide any insight on the soft top)
Thank you! Picked it up on Monday. Haven’t posted pictures yet. Definitely will be soon! It’s great so far, love it :like:

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to check mine when I can regarding the part being tucked, but I do usually leave mine in when I have the windows out.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I leave the bar in its slot on the jeep when the window is out.

Im not sure which way your weather stripping is supposed to go.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
There is absolutely no reason at all to leave that attached to the Jeep if the back window is out. Just shelf it.

When I go topless or safari mode it all comes out. That bar is only there for weather proofing and window removal when the window is in, it’s otherwise useless if there is no window.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
If I have the top down and store the windows in the Jeep, I'll put the bar back in the slot. If I leave the windows at home, I'll leave the bar at home too.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
So I have taken the back window out and as you know, it is attached to the swing gate bar. I have stored the window in the soft window storage bag but the manual says not to store the swing gate bar in the bag. Do you guys leave the swing gate bar attached to the jeep or shelf it?

Also, my swing gate bar is having some issues. Please see pictures attached. Which side is correct? On one end the rubber part is tucked in, the other end isn’t. I didn’t do this, it must have come like this from the factory.

Thank you!

31FB749D-18AA-4268-ACD7-752BC0C3A198.jpeg

ECF36863-5370-4C9F-A0E9-92E795F8A7B4.jpeg

8FB3D424-C15B-403E-89CC-1368E144D7B8.jpeg
The tucked in side looks wrong to me. Both sides of mine look like your second pic. And congrats on picking up the Willys!

OP
OP
Jennalee

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tucked in side looks wrong to me. Both sides of mine look like your second pic. And congrats on picking up the Willys!
Thank you!! And will “tuck it out” immediately :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, just had mine off and his first picture is wrong. That area isn't real flexible so I didn't attempt to make (break) mine to look like his. Unless he can force it into the correct position then it's a trip to the dealer for a defective bar.

I leave my bar on when the top is down or windows out. No real reason other than it helps from misplacing the bar plus I have a Backbone secure cover and it fills that gap.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, just had mine off and his first picture is wrong. That area isn't real flexible so I didn't attempt to make (break) mine to look like his. Unless he can force it into the correct position then it's a trip to the dealer for a defective bar.

I leave my bar on when the top is down or windows out. No real reason other than it helps from misplacing the bar plus I have a Backbone secure cover and it fills that gap.
Just FYI - Jennalee be a she