OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Have you tried bribing the factory with poutine? If that doesn't work, threaten them with a flock of Canada Geese...those birds are ruthless.
You missed three items on your stereotype bingo card: no references to maple syrup, saying "i'm sorry" for no reason or Tim Hortons? Come on, you can do better than that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
im just curious when you ordered the jeep, I’m from London, Ontario and just ordered a JLUR at the end of may
It's a dealer order that I grabbed when my Willys got wrecked. Dealer ordered it in late January. Still no VIN. I personally wait for it since April.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's a dealer order that I grabbed when my Willys got wrecked. Dealer ordered it in late January. Still no VIN. I personally wait for it since April.
That is 5 months ago. I find it hard to believe that an order would take that long to fulfill (assuming it does not "stop delivery" items like manual transmission). What is the confidence level that the dealer in-fact place the order in January?

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Hi. Bonjour. That stupid Quebecer that'll probably botch half of his sentences again because english is his second language. Hey, how you doin'. That's me.

So yeah, I fell into the mighty money pit. My steel bumper has arrived. My winch has arrived. My custom dog crate has arrived. My Gobi roof rack has arrived. Everything is in order, all the pieces are there, the buying experience has been flawless for every item.

However, a very silly, say stupid thing is happening at this very moment. Because I find myself in this strange situation where all the stuff that I bought is taking about half the space in my little tiny shed...

...AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A VIN FOR MY &%?$!*# JEEP.

Is it because of that microchip shortage? Is it because Canada comes way down in Jeep's priority list? Is it because everything sucks? I don't know. Maybe. Or not. Who knows at this point?

*SIGH*

So hi. How you doin'. I'm now that guy who's sending passive agressive text messages to my dealer saying "well then, if I knew it'd be that long, I would've grown a tree, look at it become a force of nature, chop it down when it's mature, carve a chair into it and then sit down on it so I can comfortably WAIT FOR MY JEEP!"

Meanwhile, I look stupid in a beige Compass loaner.
So. How's your off-road season, you lucky bastard?

P.S.: Just needed to vent, i'm fine (with Ross Gellar's voice).
Bonjour. At least you are able to keep your sense of humor through this chip shortage and long delay in ordering and trying times. Well done.

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hi. Bonjour. That stupid Quebecer that'll probably botch half of his sentences again because english is his second language. Hey, how you doin'. That's me.

So yeah, I fell into the mighty money pit. My steel bumper has arrived. My winch has arrived. My custom dog crate has arrived. My Gobi roof rack has arrived. Everything is in order, all the pieces are there, the buying experience has been flawless for every item.

However, a very silly, say stupid thing is happening at this very moment. Because I find myself in this strange situation where all the stuff that I bought is taking about half the space in my little tiny shed...

Is it because of that microchip shortage? Is it because Canada comes way down in Jeep's priority list? Is it because everything sucks? I don't know. Maybe. Or not. Who knows at this point?

*SIGH*

So hi. How you doin'. I'm now that guy who's sending passive agressive text messages to my dealer saying "well then, if I knew it'd be that long, I would've grown a tree, look at it become a force of nature, chop it down when it's mature, carve a chair into it and then sit down on it so I can comfortably WAIT FOR MY JEEP!"

Soooo, what kind of chair did you make? :giggle:

Sorry, hope ya get it soon!

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I got way too much time to think of jokes about it, I guess...while I look stupid in a stupid beige, stupid Compass that's too stupid to be stupid...
Quit using the word stupid. It’s becoming your favorite word and could become a habit. 😎

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Damn you Canadians and your wonderful Tim hortons coffee and your confusing chocolate smarties! They are suppose to be sour not chocolate like in the USA. It’s so confusing!
My neighbor is from Canada. She always brings both home to me when she visits home. I watch her closely though. I’m onto her! I’m watching. Always watching!

seriously we don’t have many trucks here either. I drove by a Ford dealer the other day. They have thier used trucks spread out all over the lot to make it look full. It’s not working. Not at all.
Our 1 dodge, Jeep, fiat dealer owns his lot plan. He is literally a distributor forcthe east coast. He usually has 300 plus rams on his lot. Same with jeeps. He has over 1 mile of lot that is filled. It’s nuts. Right now. Only using his main lot. My wife drove by there the other day and said he must be selling all the land. Everything is on the main lot. He can’t even get product.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
You missed three items on your stereotype bingo card: no references to maple syrup, saying "i'm sorry" for no reason or Tim Hortons? Come on, you can do better than that.
I touched on the Tim hortons. Sooooo good.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hey! Nothing wrong with having a Compass. I had a Compass and I traded it in for a 4xe. Mine was a limited edition, 4x4, billet silver with black roof...
That “no respect when driving” is 100% accurate. However, when we had a winter storm in Texas earlier this year, I had so much fun in the snow with my Compass, while my neighbors would just stare from their Hyundai Accents while they charged their phones.
I really liked it, but do I miss it? Not really.

Btw, it took me a whole month to get my 4xe and I didn’t even custom order. One week going to dealerships, and 3 weeks of waiting for one that was already in transit. So I kind of understand about 40% of your frustration.
A Texan with a plug in the side of her Jeep? I wonder what the cost of ice cubes in hell are these days?

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
There's none. Sold out. My Jeep dealer's lot is full of used Cherokees since he has nothing better to show off. It's kind of sad.

I had a peek to see if other dealers had something to offer. Nada, man. There's a used fully loaded Rubicon somewhere with way too much mileage on it. Not interested.

And that's not so much of a special order. It's a bone stock Sport S with the towing package and the diff locker. That's it. Nothing too special. Yet, if it keeps going that way, i'm not sure i'll have a 2021 model.
Fitzpatrick's Jeep in CT has a ton. Largest inventory of Jeeps I have ever seen.

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director

*SIGH*

First, don't apologize for your English - it's quite good and you speak two languages. Most only speak one and often times they don't speak that one as well as you do. Secondly, I did the same thing. I ordered my jeep in March - it only just shipped yesterday so I have about two more weeks before I take delivery. And, I ordered tons of accessories that are now in my garage waiting for my jeep. It was fun to look about for what I wanted and helped me have patience. JEEP did not help any with conflicting updates and chaotic responses. But it will come, and you'll have a blast with all your options. It's like being a kid at Christmas. Enjoy!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
They cannot give VIN’s to Canadians.

Jeep knows that Canada has been getting ready to invade the US for many years.

That is why Canadians buy jeeps, in prep for the invasion.

We have finally caught on.
I think you do not understand. OP is from Quebec, they will not invade us. They are busy tricking the "lesser Canadians" to invade so they can have the country to themselves. NO MORE English :LOL:

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
That is 5 months ago. I find it hard to believe that an order would take that long to fulfill (assuming it does not "stop delivery" items like manual transmission). What is the confidence level that the dealer in-fact place the order in January?
Again, and I explained it many times on this forum, but the Canadian market is far, far less interesting for Jeep. Just the currency exchange rate puts about 3000 $ (that's for a Sport S) less in Jeep's bank account if one Jeep is sold in Canada instead of USA.

So put yourself in Jeep's shoes. You have a company that makes a good product and the demand for it is through the roof. Will you sell it where you'll be able to maximise your profit? Of course you will. Just like any other company.

Now, USA's economy is back on track after the pandemic and everyone wants a Jeep. Of course, they will honor orders in USA first. It's a very simple logic.

Meanwhile, Canada waits.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Fitzpatrick's Jeep in CT has a ton. Largest inventory of Jeeps I have ever seen.
I'm in Canada. Worst: in Quebec. Imports are a headache to deal with around here, even if it's the exact same car. I think it'd be longer to import one and have the green light from Environment Canada to drive it.
Sponsored