So many wheels. How to choose?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
So... I just looked at 18 pages of wheels at Quadratic's web site. So many choices.

I would love to hear how members decided on which wheels to choose.

I have heard about 17 X 9 wheels. I am now seeing some that are 17 x 8.5. What are the implications of using 17 X 8.5? I like the Vision 399 Fury wheels with the red accents. Not even sure where I saw those for sale.

Some wheels are between $100 and $200. Some are over $300. Does the price matter? Are the cheaper wheels inferior?

Looking forward to some answers.
Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Cheap wheels are inferior because they lack quality control.

*BUT*you have to ask yourself what you really want the wheels to do for you.

I look for strength and low weight when I look at wheels. That gets pricey in a hurry.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I looked for wider wheels that would due no harm 1st. A wheel that follows factory spec's. That narrows the choice to just a few. Mopar, AEV are a couple of the few. Both keep scrub radius and steering as engineered. Tire coverage remains optimal for both the law and debris flinging onto body. Both use the factory lug nuts which saves some expense most folks don't think about. Both fit over the rear camera on the carrier. Both mount on the wheel hub properly. 2nd was looks and I like AEV Pintler looks better than others I'd seen. AEV has a lifetime defect warranty too.

Last edited:

WheelsASAP.com

First Name
Kali
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelsasap.com
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro
Occupation
Wheel Guru
The majority of wheels are made over seas with fancy branding and marketing. Some have better factories than others. A good way to determine which brand is good is by looking at the warranty they offer. If you like the design,it fits your budget, and they offer good warranty, then its worth a shot.