Which wheel/tire to choose?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So I am most likely going to get a new Sahara, but I do not like the stock wheels/tires.

What would be a good upgrade for both tires and rims that have a deep and aggresive look, but that will not be completely noisy on highways, and one that wont break the bank.

Thanks from a Jeep newbie.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Although the new Sahara rims are better than it’s 2 previous options, I agree, they could do better, the Rubi Rims look good though. And while there are tons of after market supplier, often they look like they are trying too hard. However I do prefer the Mopar ones that are currently on the Smoky Mountain (top) or the Beadlock one (bottom) that are in the Mopar JPP Performance Catalogue;

827F2016-6FB8-4CF0-A10F-096991C175C4.jpeg

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/performance/jeep-performance-parts.html

For the Tyres (that’s the way you’re supposed to spell just the rubber part folks ;) ) it’s a tougher call IMO, because personally I think the KO2s that are likely to come on the Sahara are a great tyre that is aggressive looking, as well as functional (both on-road and off) and yet are pretty good noise wise. I prefer the look and performance of the Duratracs for my needs, but they are most definitely noisier than the KO2s, and for most Daily Drivers that will hit the Soft-Road a bit the KO2s are a perfect fit IMO.

And that’s the problem, the more agressive the look, likely the noisier they will be. I had a summer regular and winter-studded pair of these (Goodyear Wrangler Territory), and they functioned & looked the very best (especially with Rubi Rims on my Summer ones) , but they were noisy AF !!

D7809561-6502-4C90-931E-C15A65B1548C.jpeg
F7CC1679-E331-44D5-B68C-A22C2F785375.jpeg

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, '22 XR
If K02s are available on Sahara it'll definitely be a big improvement in the looks department.

Uscolt45

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Renegade
Do you like the Rubicon wheels and tires? There are bound to quite a few sets for sale when people replace for their aftermarket preferences.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I have been lurking here and reading a lot and asked a few questions. Think I understand backspacing and offset "some" My question is this. When comparing tires and wheels to the stock ones how do you know just how much beyond the fenders the new ones will actually stick out. The stock on the Sport S are 245/75/17 and 7.5" wide wheel with 12 mm offset...My choice for new is: 9" wide wheel with a -12 mm offset and a 255/75/17 tire. Comparisons tell me that the new set up will poke out 1.6" further, but still does not let me know how much that exposes outside the actual fender....is the stock "0" and flush with fender or what..Sorry to be so picky but would like to have the new tires and wheels ready when I get my Sport S. Thanks to anyone that can give me some insight.
Sponsored