Sponsored

So many problems.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
What are the problems you are having. And what is your jeep. Its crappy that I would say about 9/10 new jeep owners dont seem to be having some of these problems with the jl. It must be a bad batch or something
Yes there does seem to be a lot of problems. 9 out of 10 haven’t had problems yet, but unfortunately they most likely will. The quality control just isn’t up to par with Jeep, or the vendors who supply the parts. Glass, visors, electronics, differentials, clutches, etc. all seem to be made as cheaply as possible to maximize profits for the vendors. Shame on Jeep for allowing it.

My Jeep is a bone stock 2018 Sahara Unlimited with 15,000 easy miles. The automatic trans took a dump one day, with very little warning. Maybe one mile from a few second delay going into gear, until it would hardly move, then it couldn’t even get itself on the tow truck. Now the ESS will not charge the aux battery. New batteries, new wiring harness, no improvement. The dealer has been good, but very slow. At least they gave me a loaner truck to drive the past ten weeks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aidencaster

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Yes there does seem to be a lot of problems. 9 out of 10 haven’t had problems yet, but unfortunately they most likely will. The quality control just isn’t up to par with Jeep, or the vendors who supply the parts. Glass, visors, electronics, differentials, clutches, etc. all seem to be made as cheaply as possible to maximize profits for the vendors. Shame on Jeep for allowing it.

My Jeep is a bone stock 2018 Sahara Unlimited with 15,000 easy miles. The automatic trans took a dump one day, with very little warning. Maybe one mile from a few second delay going into gear, until it would hardly move, then it couldn’t even get itself on the tow truck. Now the ESS will not charge the aux battery. New batteries, new wiring harness, no improvement. The dealer has been good, but very slow. At least they gave me a loaner truck to drive the past ten weeks.
Jesus 10 weeks is brutal. But now that I look at it the 3 times now that my jl has gone into the shop has be equal to about 9 or 10 weeks.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FCA must make Subarus now. This month's Motor Trend reports on their long-term Subaru Ascent. In May (last year) the windshield was hit by a rock and had to be replaced by the dealer because of the safety system camera. In August they suddenly had the instrument panel full of lights, windshield camera and passenger airbags not working, transmission fluid light and CEL on plus sunroof stopped working. Took it to dealer and it sat there until mid-November with little communication from the dealer. Got it back and camera still not working plus door locks not working. Back to dealer. A few weeks after getting it back the driver's seatbelt height adjustment stopped working, no heat from the lower wents and the A pillar trim fell off. Got it back and the rear hatch wouldn't open dealer had to reboot the computer. All on a $44,000 vehicle. There are bad vehicles from all manufacturers and somebody gets them.

And the assertion by one poster that 9 out of 10 Jeep owners will have problems is based on what? And if you want a higher quality SUV buy a Mercedes G 550.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I always worry a used vehicle with low miles was sold or traded because it has problems.
I never buy used for that reason. I traded in my JL with just under 17k on the odometer because of issues. When I talked to my salesman at the Toyota dealership a few weeks later he said my JEEP sold in less than 2 days on the lot. They had barely even inventory'ed it. Then he said the guy that bought it was all pissed off because it already had issues He it was more than 2 weeks and he hasn't even driven it. LOL.

Glad I dumped that jeep just in time. LOL.

OP
OP
Aidencaster

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
I never buy used for that reason. I traded in my JL with just under 17k on the odometer because of issues. When I talked to my salesman at the Toyota dealership a few weeks later he said my JEEP sold in less than 2 days on the lot. They had barely even inventory'ed it. Then he said the guy that bought it was all pissed off because it already had issues He it was more than 2 weeks and he hasn't even driven it. LOL.

Glad I dumped that jeep just in time. LOL.
I have always bought used and not had many problems with them. In the sense of the jeep I own now. Buying a used off road capable go anywhere and beat it up vehicle such as a jeep. I now realize after having it for a year that alot if the stuff that I've driven it through or how I've treated it myself. I dont envy the next person who is going to own it once I'm done with it. And in that sense that is probably how the previous owner had thought. At this point I have already decided to stick it out with my current jeep and look into a new one next year.
Sponsored