Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
@Ksvette

No harm no foul. Eventually all you JK owners will submit to the dark side hahaha

It’s a great rig you’ll love it!

I too purchased a sport and I upgraded the headunit from 5.3” to 7”. Yes, it can be done. I was fine for awhile but I had to do it lol

Enjoy!
Was it crazy expensive, and how hard to do? Did the Android auto work well? I have the upgraded speakers (Alpine is way better than the upgraded ones I had in the JK) just not the head unit.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I did decide to spring for the 7 year unlimited mileage warranty given my recent luck and the turbo 4 with BGS bring fairly untested.
1) The BSG components are not covered under the extended warranty

2) You can get the exact same FCA coverage for around $3000 from Clay Robbins or Tom Winkel. They even offer payment plans

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
Those are not sport s wheels...
Love the color, I almost got a blue one but was out voted 2 to 1, seems the wife gets 2 votes for some odd reason.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Dude, good for you! The car is gorgeous and I cant wait to get mine!!!!

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
soft top, among other things, was a mandatory feature for my purchase.

Nice lookin Jeep

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
Those are not sport s wheels...
Love the color, I almost got a blue one but was out voted 2 to 1, seems the wife gets 2 votes for some odd reason.
They were optional wheels dark granite something or other

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
1) The BSG components are not covered under the extended warranty

2) You can get the exact same FCA coverage for around $3000 from Clay Robbins or Tom Winkel. They even offer payment plans
Robbins is where it came from, heavily discounted. Part of that was adding a few extras (gap) and then Rolling into payment so financing does come into it. Basically, it was bad luck mitigation. Which vehicles have had a lot of lately (not just the JK). They also stated BSG was covered as I asked specifically on that.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They also stated BSG was covered as I asked specifically on that.
Unless it’s changed, it’s listed under exclusions on my MaxCare paperwork.

Also noteworthy, parts of the BSG are covered under the 8yr/80k Federal Emissions Warranty

6567FD89-FEE7-4A90-AC9F-7CC26BC88149.jpeg

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Was it crazy expensive, and how hard to do? Did the Android auto work well? I have the upgraded speakers (Alpine is way better than the upgraded ones I had in the JK) just not the head unit.
I can’t comment on the Android as I don’t use that feature, I use the Apple Play features instead as I have an iPhone. It was much much cheaper than getting the tech package from the factory, so cheap. Easiest install I’ve ever done.

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
I can’t comment on the Android as I don’t use that feature, I use the Apple Play features instead as I have an iPhone. It was much much cheaper than getting the tech package from the factory, so cheap. Easiest install I’ve ever done.
Did you just find one someone took out? I would definitely be interested in that sometime. Those features would be nice, and I will never miss the bigger gauge screen. I like the analog gauges

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
A soft top in Manhattan, KS is one thing; a soft top on the isle of Manhattan is another.

And get outta here with that 'begrudgingly' shit. We don't use words like that with Wranglers. Enjoy the hell outta that m'effin, lovely Ocean Blue Sport S, dammit. Those are words we use. Now go, and begrudgingly drive that thing and begrudgingly get her naked.
I have no idea why people make statements like this. As a new Jeep owner, I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would buy a hard top. They are a pain in the ass to put on and take off, a pain to store. I really see no benefit to them. The soft top is extremely quiet, and I haven’t experienced an issue yet with winters, especially when equipped with the cold weather package.

Dakster

First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Chevy Trax
Thanks for the info on the plan. I bet it was cheaper than $5500 because you rolled it into financing. I've usually come out "tied" when I do extended warranty's, but the peace of mind is worth it.

As I tell people when they don't like what I own/drive - you don't have to drive it or ride in it.. I feel the same way towards other people's rides, it isn't mine, and as long as YOU like it and YOU are happy with it, that's all that counts. I am usually worried about resale since I don't keep vehicles that long, whereas it sounds like this is going to be yours for a very long time, so cost isn't as big a deal as the longer you own it the lower the cost per month to operate it, especially since any major repairs won't be out of pocket with your warranty.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Oh it was begrudgingly right up until about 2 miles into the test drive!

Day may come when zero degrees and 40 mph winds say I should have got the hardtop. If that ever happens, hello aftermarket!
Drove my 2 door JK with the soft top for many years during the Toronto winters with the hard top stashed in the garage, inside temps hard top/soft top makes no difference as far as I noticed, and I rarely wear a winter coat, the rear wiper was the only thing I sorta missed when it was slushy or raining, but the side mirrors are big and makes up for an obscure rear window.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea why people make statements like this. As a new Jeep owner, I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would buy a hard top. They are a pain in the ass to put on and take off, a pain to store. I really see no benefit to them. The soft top is extremely quiet, and I haven’t experienced an issue yet with winters, especially when equipped with the cold weather package.

Statements like... what? There was no comparison of soft vs. hard top, but it's nice that you (begrudgingly?) felt an obligation to share your thoughts & personal sensibilities on the perils of the hard top. Thank you...for that.

But since it's now a topic (and away from the OP's subject), I've never struggled with the hard top & I have no difficulty with storage. Of course, this could be a challenge for those who live in an apartment, condo, etc.

It's not a matter of benefit or lack thereof, it's a matter of personal preference. You don't have to like it; the owner does. To each, his own.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Did you just find one someone took out? I would definitely be interested in that sometime. Those features would be nice, and I will never miss the bigger gauge screen. I like the analog gauges
No I was able to purchase mine through my dealership before they started cracking down on selling them. It all depends on your dealership though, really. You may be able to get order one. There are others who have done the swap on here. There is a thread in the audio section about the upgrade. You can get them online easy but they won’t be covered by any type of warranty though. That’s why I decided to go through my dealership.
Sponsored