First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
For the top of the soft top a grabbed a soft push broom. I pushed off the bulk of the snow.
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I agree with this. Doesn't really matter what you use to get the snow off the roof itself - broom or this guys suggestion (which sounds great). But don't touch the plastic windows. Having owned a soft top Jeep and many a convertible with plastic rear window they scratch just looking at them it seems. I don't care how careful you are it just happens over time but you can prolong that by following this guys suggestions.

And during summer take off those windows only when clean and store each covered in something really soft carefully. They will last longer.

Love soft tops! So much freedom!

Most of all enjoy it - those windows aren't gong to deteriorate for a long time. Yea, they might get some small scratches from time but it won't affect anything.

I stand by my reply.

Start Jeep and crank heat. Use the SnoBrum I linked (or similar soft, extendable snow tool) and push the snow off the roof and windshield. Brush off mirrors and camera. By the time you get back in the side and back windows are melting, but if not no big deal - mirrors and backup camera have you covered until they melt (which happens VERY fast once the heater gets warm).

In other words, no different from a hard top other than not brushing the vinyl windows unless you just don’t care if they sratch.

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
@Covfefe do you get paid a spokesman's fee every time you mention Mytop?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
@Covfefe do you get paid a spokesman's fee every time you mention Mytop?
I WISH. I just truly believe in this small, underdog of a powered soft top company after doing months and months of research on them. It's a shame that they don't get more exposure as being the most ingenious soft top for the Wrangler. I was the most excited person in the world when Jeep announced an upcoming powered soft top only to be extremely disappointed when it's just a big sliding sunroof. Then one lonely night looking on google to see if anyone managed to rig up some type of powered soft top is when I finally discovered MyTop and they have been out since the TJ! If i knew about this, the Wrangler would have been my first car ever!

They retail for less than Jeep's sliding soft top, and come with a 10 year warranty on the fabric, so why couldn't Jeep go this route?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I don't question the MyTop as being ruggedly built. The website advertises the use of Bosch motors, like in high end convertibles, in their design. I think it a great product.

But ironically, it's because of the expense such designs justify that I might be inclined, if I owned the top, to remove snow on it conventionally, and let its motor and hardware handle only the weight of the top itself: especially if an icy and wet snow that might stick and weigh more than a powdery one.

(I didn't see anything on the website sanctioning such snow removal.)

Of course if a damsel in distress in a castle tower needed my assistance I would get on top of this product and spring load myself to her rescue using this top as my springboard, even if I haven't figured out yet how I might push the break pedal and open button at the same time while standing on the top.;)

Chinarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara, 2018 JLU Rubicon,
Saw this post & have an on-topic related question which I’ve been wondering about for some time now; how much snow accumulation can our soft tops actually take?

I grew up owning Jeeps in New England, Vermont & upstate New York. Whenever winter came around, I would just switch to my hard tops. Living on the California coast now, i don’t have much need for a hard top (bought dual tops with my JKU & the hard top just ended up taking up space being stored in my garage). Fast-forward to a Tahoe ski trip last year & an overnight snowstorm dumped about 8”-10” of snow on the JK’s (standard vinyl) soft top. It held, but honestly I didn’t know what I’d find in the morning - biggest fear being a collapsed top, Jeep full of snow & miserable ride home. The JLUR’s premium soft top is leagues better - thicker, and with more bows/supports. Still, I make these occasional ski trips up to the Sierra Nevada & in the back of my mind, I’m always wondering how much added weight the soft top can take. Just wondering if anybody has any additional experience or insights here.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Saw this post & have an on-topic related question which I’ve been wondering about for some time now; how much snow accumulation can our soft tops actually take?

I grew up owning Jeeps in New England, Vermont & upstate New York. Whenever winter came around, I would just switch to my hard tops. Living on the California coast now, i don’t have much need for a hard top (bought dual tops with my JKU & the hard top just ended up taking up space being stored in my garage). Fast-forward to a Tahoe ski trip last year & an overnight snowstorm dumped about 8”-10” of snow on the JK’s (standard vinyl) soft top. It held, but honestly I didn’t know what I’d find in the morning - biggest fear being a collapsed top, Jeep full of snow & miserable ride home. The JLUR’s premium soft top is leagues better - thicker, and with more bows/supports. Still, I make these occasional ski trips up to the Sierra Nevada & in the back of my mind, I’m always wondering how much added weight the soft top can take. Just wondering if anybody has any additional experience or insights here.
It would take an iceberg to collapse a soft top. Trust me

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Thanks, that’s really helpful. /s
Ooooh, you really burned that guy who made that comment two years ago and hasn't posted on this board since February. /s
Sponsored