Yogi

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Well, truth be known, at my age, I prefer this setup these days. Arthritis is a bitch.
holiday-inn-express-hotel.jpg
That's the only way I "camp" these days ... although I do try to stay at a Four Seasons so it at least sounds like I'm outdoors ... LOL
Advertisement

OP
OP

R4D4R

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
So if you sleep in the back of your JLU, what do you do with all of your stuff?
How much stuff do you really need?
I can fit myself in my JKU with my gear for a 3-4 day trip without much of an issue. My pack list is about this:
sleeping bag/pad/pillow
backpack for clothes
tote for cook gear
tote for jeep gear (recovery, tools, batteries etc)
50L Coleman cooler
5G bucket with kindling
maybe a shovel
bag or two for snacks/non-perishable foods

Thats just for me. Some gear rides shotgun. When its time for bed, the cooler usually gets put outside. other than that, everything else fits in with me overnight.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I can fit myself in my JKU with my gear for a 3-4 day trip without much of an issue. My pack list is about this:
sleeping bag/pad/pillow
backpack for clothes
tote for cook gear
50L Coleman cooler
5G bucket with kindling
maybe a shovel

Thats just for me. Some gear rides shotgun. When its time for bed, the cooler usually gets put outside. other than that, everything else fits in with me overnight.
What you describe makes perfect sense. It's never just me though, one or both of my sons at any given time and all the stuff that goes along with them. They are young, but always up for an adventure and I do not leave them out. Just trying to get a game plan together.

txj2go

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
sleeping bag/pad/pillow
backpack for clothes
tote for cook gear
50L Coleman cooler
5G bucket with kindling
maybe a shovel

Different people will add different things. I try to travel light but I would add a folding chair and small folding table, maybe a folding potty chair, camera gear, coleman stove and fuel, tools. But if I'm going on a trip like this it will be for 7-8 days.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Different people will add different things. I try to travel light but I would add a folding chair and small folding table, maybe a folding potty chair, camera gear, coleman stove and fuel, tools. But if I'm going on a trip like this it will be for 7-8 days.
It seems like the older they get the less I have to take. At the beginning it was like packing up the whole house. Maybe we will stick to a tent for now and see what happens down the road.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I sleep in the back of my Jeep a lot. I use my old Army bag, throw a comforter down then my sleeping bag on top. I have a AAL shelf in the back I put my things on and the passenger front seat. I am 6' I have the passenger seat slid up a bit and fit comfortable in the back. Would like to get a a foam padding for half of it as I intend to put a 73qt fridge in as soon as the weather breaks.

Advertisement

Stinger Off-Road

Advertisement