Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Nope that’s not it
Yea, I see the owners manual excerpt someone shared. When all else failes, read the directions. LOL!
Sponsored

hipaigee

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I have had a 2020 Rubicon since March with a Sky One-Touch Power Top and does anybody's radio cut out for a second
when the top first opens all the way and when the roof starts to close, the dealer lost and can't find anything yet
they have replaced the radio and the power top motor and sensors so far as of yesterday has anyone had this issue
and been able to get it fixed ???

Thanks
If you look in the owner's manual, it explains that this happens because the Uconnect system is switching between power top open and closed audio modes.

canc1978

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Willy
mine has done this from day 1, also i have the alpine system and there is a distinct change in bass output to i always move it forward an inch after it fully opens. odd why they do that with the sound when fully open

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Ok, so mine does this too but I found a new bug. While in reverse, sitting in the parking lot, mine did the "cut out" that it does when finishing opening or beginning to shut but the reverse camera went out. It would not come back on until I pulled fuse 11 and 97 to reset the Uconnect system, explain that. FYI 2021 JLUR 1900 miles. This one scares me about an electrical issue. Taking it into the dealer in the morning, we shall see where it goes.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Ok, so mine does this too but I found a new bug. While in reverse, sitting in the parking lot, mine did the "cut out" that it does when finishing opening or beginning to shut but the reverse camera went out. It would not come back on until I pulled fuse 11 and 97 to reset the Uconnect system, explain that. FYI 2021 JLUR 1900 miles. This one scares me about an electrical issue. Taking it into the dealer in the morning, we shall see where it goes.
That is not an electrical issue, it’s caused by firmware/software glitches that have not caused enough complaints for Jeep to care to update.

Sponsored

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
That is not an electrical issue, it’s caused by firmware/software glitches that have not caused enough complaints for Jeep to care to update.
I don't disagree. Just scares me that it could be electrical b/c electrical issues are boogers to figure out. I took it in this morning and of course, it wasn't making the camera cut out. The radio did cut out when fully open and starting to close. Tech had never experienced that either so they did create a case and submit for questioning. Everything seems fine now so hopefully it doesn't repeat.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
How did your appointment go, Beebe Senior? If you still need assistance, send our team a PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares

DKayGing

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have had a 2020 Rubicon since March with a Sky One-Touch Power Top and does anybody's radio cut out for a second
when the top first opens all the way and when the roof starts to close, the dealer lost and can't find anything yet
they have replaced the radio and the power top motor and sensors so far as of yesterday has anyone had this issue
and been able to get it fixed ???

Thanks
Same issue!

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
This is apparently not an issue, apparently it's designed to cut out momentarily per the user manual.
Yes- this is a non-issue. It is simply a reminder that the unit is fully opened or starting to close.
Sponsored