Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled the key out and put it in a magnetic hide a key on the top of the frame above my belly pan lol. If they can find that key they can have it lol
Sponsored

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
Maybe you could cut off the part the protrudes without disassembling.
This topic has been discussed a lot in the past- some people wrap rubber bands around the fob, or wedge a piece of rubber band in there beside the key. My fob is a tiny bit annoying, but not enough to make me put a lot of effort into modifying it.
sure you can. and jack up the key fob cover.

removing the button is EASY. so no reason not to do it. very little effort

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
I just pulled the key out and put it in a magnetic hide a key on the top of the frame above my belly pan lol. If they can find that key they can have it lol
now finish the great idea and take the battery out of the fob, then put the fob in the glove box.

BOOM

now you have a key hidden under the jeep to get in the door, and a key fob to start it.

genius.

oh yeah, and zip. tie the hide a key just as a safeguard around the frame

Sponsored

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
You know the guy that designed this fob has a side business that took the CAD drawings and had China making the fob cases and listed on Amazon before consumers even saw the new fob.

How this design has been kept for years is beyond me. Do any engineers at Jeep/Stellantis actually use these things? Super annoying.
Sponsored