Sponsored

Show me your bus bars!

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
We get a lot of questions from customers about where they should connect various accessories to their Genesis dual battery system. I thought it would be helpful to have a place where our customers could share photos of their own kits and also for new folks to see some examples of how other people are wiring up their accessories.

If you have a Genesis dual battery kit, please snap a picture and post it here, and tell us what you have connected to your bus bars!

Here's my 2018 JL dual battery kit. I have a Warn Xeon winch plus one of our 7' long quick disconnect cables going to the front bumper as well as one of our 12v power outlet harnesses for the Dometic fridge in the back all wired up to the power and ground bus bars. You can also see the clamps from my Odyssey 20 amp charger keeping the batteries maintained while the Jeep is parked in my shop.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! Genesis JL dual battery kit
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Only have a winch connected full time, did have some aux lights connected but took them out, unlike most I try to keep my aux for the boost which I have used several times not paying attention to how long I have ran my radio, lights and cooler that pull off the main

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! 768DE707-D4B5-4A59-9673-1E85B81C5C7C
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! 5440479F-81E5-45FF-BD0D-4E7109130227
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! 23977885-A7DC-4747-9EC2-C99794D381F6
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! C47ECB6B-2FC2-4672-8223-D20617A9C0A7

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! Genesis Bus.JPG

I have a Warn Zeon 10-S winch (negative to chassis), SPod BantamX (negative to chassis), Rock Slide Engineering step sliders, and ARB twin compressor wired to the bus bar. Since I go offroading in the desert and mountains, I consider my Genesis dual battery system to be a "must have" mod. Periodically, I connect my Odyssey 20 Amp portable battery charger to keep it in top condition.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I installed the kit last week but tried cleaning up the wiring a few days ago. I have a winch, 2 Baja Design LP6's with the upfitter lockout harness, 2 BS reverse lights, and ARB twin compressor connected to the bus bars.

Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! IMG_1153
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! IMG_1164

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the kit last week but tried cleaning up the wiring a few days ago. I have a winch, 2 Baja Design LP6's with the upfitter lockout harness, 2 BS reverse lights, and ARB twin compressor connected to the bus bars.

Great job on routing those wires! With everything coming across the firewall and around to the front, that makes it easier to service your batteries in the future. You'll be able to lift that top lid and lay it over on the air box to remove the batteries without having to disconnect all your accessory wires! :clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Genesis Offroad , what size are the posts/bolts on the bus bars?
The center stud of the negative bus bar is 1/4", positive is 5/16". The 8 small screws in a circle use a #10 size ring terminal.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Here is my Buss Pic. Wires are as follows: Big Black to center post is from Winch, right hand yellow with too big ring connector is from power to cooler in luggage compartment. Other yellow wire with fuse socket is to trailer light connector adapter located in right hand tail light cavity. Four red wires are from self installed MOPAR Aux switch pack.. One from each firewall mounted relay module. (note: DIY MOPAR Aux kit allows this, but factory installed Aux switch module does not since the power wires are pre-installed to I believe, the small battery and are not directly accessible.) The 150 AMP switch was added right after I found out about the Quadratec Winch recall and it's propensity to self start. Winch has been fixed, but the disconnect remains.

I also included my successful installation of the G Screen monitor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! IMG_20210809_165315623_BURST001
Jeep Wrangler JL Show me your bus bars! IMG_20210809_165529895

Rubicon_Wrangler_JL_2018

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rwaltonphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine installed yesterday. Looking forward to using this with all my accessories and especially my Dometic fridge setup. The technician had a little difficulty b/c of my adjustable Falcon shocks, but was able to remove the inner fender liner to get to the small 2nd battery.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg