First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
As you know from an other thread, I had a huge and heavy order shipped from Quadratec for only $403. That was as a whole 169lbs (76,66Kg) divided over 3 boxes, each the size of a floorstanding speaker. That was a set of 5 wheels to start with, and some other smaller stuff. Those boxes were higher than Marat's 51", but less wide. Apparently the total dimension is an issue. You'd wonder whether the one who made the shipping quote for you Leigh, took the total size of the two fenders, rather then two separate boxes as Marat mentions. Get back in touch with Quadratec, and ask that.

Oh, and non priority of course...
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NYLONZ

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020 - 2.0 StingGray, TJ 2004 - 4.0
I have found in my records the figures Benny from AllMoparParts had sent me:
82215743AC - 66"x51"x20" - 30 lbs

I should mention that I received the fender flares in 2 separate boxes. Probably it was done by the shipping company to divide the non fitting box into 2 smaller ones...
Thanks - I've messaged Benny & he's on the case for me!

Pumping4Jane

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
The cost to ship the parts will add $1,154.00

Ouch.

Set up your own shipping terms with a pick-up commencing at Quadratec's dock. Contact Pilot Airfreight out of Pittsburgh, Concordia out of Philadelphia or even FedEx Air. Ask for a "door to door" quote. Provide this forwarder with accurate package dims, weights, commodity description and value. They will assist.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Well I ordered the premium soft top from USA. Came to me on a pallet. Even after shipping and tax it was cheaper than what my dealer quoted me.

Unless you are made of money I would not recommend buying Jeep accessories from your dealer. The markup is ridiculous. I dread to think how much replacement parts are going to be!

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Thanks - I've messaged Benny & he's on the case for me!
Any update here Leigh?

The way shipping cost are calculated do differ a lot in between suppliers.
I now just made the exercise for a set of shocks, and a reinforcement bracket.
Supplier A for shocks only $122, with the bracket included (a small item) $148 (+ $26)
Supplier B for shocks only $149, with the bracket included $248 (+ $99)!

OP
OP
NYLONZ

NYLONZ

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2020 - 2.0 StingGray, TJ 2004 - 4.0
Tuns out that the fender kit is just too long for the shipping to be viable.

Even re-packed into 2 Cartons it's still too big.

Weight is not the issue, it's just the length.

I've now tried 4 different suppliers & same story.

I'm thinking that after lockdown I'll just get a cheap return flight to the US & bring the stuff back myself

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Did you consider to do some research on container shipping? Can't imagine there are no companies that do offer joined container shipments. You can get an entire container shipped for the amount you currently have been quoted. Sea transport is way slower, but also way cheaper...

Grim Jeeper

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 1942 Ford GPW
Tuns out that the fender kit is just too long for the shipping to be viable.

Even re-packed into 2 Cartons it's still too big.

Weight is not the issue, it's just the length.

I've now tried 4 different suppliers & same story.

I'm thinking that after lockdown I'll just get a cheap return flight to the US & bring the stuff back myself
Hi Nylonz,

Appreciate this is an old thread so don't know if you got this sorted but may help others in the UK buying parts from the US.

I was quoted $1,000 for air freight & $500 for sea shipping for the high top fender flares from Quadratec earlier this year....so i looked for alternatives & found STS Imports based in the UK who ship from the US, i was given a quote of £140 by Ron at STS....you still have to pay 2.5% import tax plus 20% vat & carriage to your home when it arrives in the UK or you can collect from their site in Essex. Shipping costs for parts i've already brought across so far have been extremely reasonable & a helluva lot cheaper than paying the dealers prices & most US dealers have good customer service experts if you need them.

Approximate calculation in £'s:
Fender Flares @£441
Shipping @£140
Import duty & tax @£130
Total excluding UK local delivery @£711

Even if UK delivery charge was £140 (high) gives a total cost of £850.....you can buy these from UK Jeep parts dealers who sell these & they charge from £1,250....... The fenders were out of stock so just about to order along with other stuff.

STS give you a shipping address in Florida so you get free US shipping subject to the dealer you buy from, they pack a container approximately every 6 weeks & i base it on a 3 month delivery from time of ordering the parts......worth the wait for the amount of cash you save (to spend on more Jeep parts of course!)

Hope it helps!
Sponsored

Last edited: