Sponsored

"Service 4wd system" indicator light

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2022 rubicon 9k miles 2.0 turbo engine and haven’t driven in 4wd at all yet. Service 4WD light coming on intermittently. I’ve also had some strange issues where jeep feels like it suddenly jumps into low gear. Pull off to side of the road and it felt like it went back into normal gear and then it drives fine. Dealer says I need new front actuator. Having it replaced next week so we’ll see. I’ll post updates. This “serv 4wd” issue seems to be a prevalent problem. @JeepCares should be pushing Jeep for a recall event!
Thanks for tagging us. If you need support with this at any upcoming dealership appointments, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

AJRGobi

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara 2022 GLS450 waiting on 2022 Rubicon
2022 rubicon 9k miles 2.0 turbo engine and haven’t driven in 4wd at all yet. Service 4WD light coming on intermittently. I’ve also had some strange issues where jeep feels like it suddenly jumps into low gear. Pull off to side of the road and it felt like it went back into normal gear and then it drives fine. Dealer says I need new front actuator. Having it replaced next week so we’ll see. I’ll post updates. This “serv 4wd” issue seems to be a prevalent problem. @JeepCares should be pushing Jeep for a recall event!
UPDATE: front axle actuator replaced and after a week, no warning light. Hoping it stays that way.

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLu Rubicon
Had the same thing happen to me on my 2019 Rubicon. Spent 1000’s with Jeep to fix with BCM…. It ruined out of state off road including Moab. Jeep dealer could not recreate at the dealership so guessing.

The real fix was simply a battery. The low voltage with all on made the charge to low so computer did not know what to do.

I now have a dual battery setup (Genesis) and problem solved. Good luck but don’t get taken like me.
Sponsored