Self-induced withdrawal..anyone else?

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Just over two weeks ago I gave the Jeep a good bath and parked it. My daily driver is a 1990 Toyota pickup, and over the past 2 weekends we did family trips/camping trip in my wife's 4runner. But the wait is almost over. Like an addict I'm excited to drive her again on Wednesday.

Ultimately, we put 2k miles per month in her first 3 months, So I was trying to slow it down a bit.

Is it Wednesday yet?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I traded my JKUR Recon for a Toyota Tacoma and regretted it almost immediately. Six months later I sold the Tacoma and got me a JL.

I put barely 4,000 miles on the Tacoma in six months; I hated it. By contrast I already put 2,000 miles on my JL in just two weeks!

Putting on the miles...and the smiles...!

cat=109&_nc_ohc=wHi6Cc9dQWkAQlg4MzpyHeYSYDzf61p2vgzIFoK3zbrceiOPj-YIeOaaQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just over two weeks ago I gave the Jeep a good bath and parked it. My daily driver is a 1990 Toyota pickup, and over the past 2 weekends we did family trips/camping trip in my wife's 4runner. But the wait is almost over. Like an addict I'm excited to drive her again on Wednesday.

Ultimately, we put 2k miles per month in her first 3 months, So I was trying to slow it down a bit.

Is it Wednesday yet?
I totally get it.... I’m in my work truck during the week, and sometimes weekends. My rig sits in the garage until we can get to it....:(. We’ve had it over a year and has less than 8000 miles on it. On the upside almost half of those miles are wheeling....:clap:. We play hooky when we can during the week, and I make up excuses after work to take it to the store, or my second home, Lowes, in order to just be in it more....:facepalm: So I completely understand where you’re coming from....
Long weekend coming up though hopefully will be in for four days......:rock:

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I totally get it.... I’m in my work truck during the week, and sometimes weekends. My rig sits in the garage until we can get to it....:(. We’ve had it over a year and has less than 8000 miles on it. On the upside almost half of those miles are wheeling....:clap:. We play hooky when we can during the week, and I make up excuses after work to take it to the store, or my second home, Lowes, in order to just be in it more....:facepalm: So I completely understand where you’re coming from....
Long weekend coming up though hopefully will be in for four days......:rock:
Too funny ! I love wandering around Home Depot ! Its 50 miles from here, so when I go , I bring lunch ! ;)
I get in my jeep every morning at 5 45. Its part of me !

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This week we're out "camping" in the Travel Trailer, so I took my old 01 F250 and left the JLUR at home. Back home tomorrow then heading out in the Wife's Explorer to her family fir Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll get to drive the Jeep on Saturday.
I generally grieve the truck to work once or twice a week to keep down the miles on the Jeep and exercise the truck to keep the batteries charged and fluids sloshed around. I bought the F250 new in October 2001 and never expected to have it around for 18 years. It's been a great truck.

20191123_162006.jpg
20191104_190444.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
5adventurers

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I traded my JKUR Recon for a Toyota Tacoma and regretted it almost immediately. Six months later I sold the Tacoma and got me a JL.

I put barely 4,000 miles on the Tacoma in six months; I hated it. By contrast I already put 2,000 miles on my JL in just two weeks!

Putting on the miles...and the smiles...!

cat=109&_nc_ohc=wHi6Cc9dQWkAQlg4MzpyHeYSYDzf61p2vgzIFoK3zbrceiOPj-YIeOaaQ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I traded my 2017 Taco for a Jeep. Love my Tacomas, Tundras and 4Runners, we've had 5. But....we wanted to go more places where the Taco wouldn't make it and the wife and I wanted a Jeep anyway. I had one in high school and missed it ever since.

You can't replace the feeling from a Jeep, but you'll never have to replace a Yota! Guess it's good we have both.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Im having mod withdrawal feeling like im the only one with this semi-stock JL on the roads :facepalm:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Im having mod withdrawal feeling like im the only one with this semi-stock JL on the roads :facepalm:
I enjoy a Jeep that looks good but the average bystander can't tell exactly why. So I am keeping mods to a minimum on purpose this time around. Sometimes less is more...

Having said that, adding Mopar LEDs, leather seats, a Mopar steel bumper, 275/70-R18 tires, hardtop headliners, adds $$$ fast!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I don't care too much about miles. I drive less now than I did and I'm still at nearly 13k mi in 9mo. My last car I did 18.5kmi in 12mo and I had two vehicles at the time! Vehicles are meant to be enjoyed and driven!

Sponsored

OP
OP
5adventurers

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 months, 28,000 miles. So no, I'm not having anything similar to withdrawl.
That is a road dog sir. I had one truck for 18 months and put about 46k or so on it. My driving has slowed down significantly this year but for about 3 years it was about 2500/mo. Stay safe out there!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I traded my 2017 Taco for a Jeep. Love my Tacomas, Tundras and 4Runners, we've had 5. But....we wanted to go more places where the Taco wouldn't make it and the wife and I wanted a Jeep anyway. I had one in high school and missed it ever since.

You can't replace the feeling from a Jeep, but you'll never have to replace a Yota! Guess it's good we have both.
Yup. I traded in my FJ Cruiser - which we LOVED - for my Wrangler. I love my Wrangler much, much more. The wife - not so much. She misses the FJ.

OP
OP
5adventurers

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup. I traded in my FJ Cruiser - which we LOVED - for my Wrangler. I love my Wrangler much, much more. The wife - not so much. She misses the FJ.
You see how close it all is....off-roaders and outdoors people often go for similar vehicles. And that FJ was special. I wanted one very bad....but with 3 littles, that suicide door just didn't make life easy....thought long and hard....but just never pulled the trigger. But great, great ride. Still crank my neck watching them go by. Annnnnnd still happy with my Rubicon.
Sponsored