Sponsored

Selec-Speed Control vs Hill-Descent Control (Solved)

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
JLU80 built 12.20 3.6 e-torque with HDC.
I see the main difference vs SSC and HDC is that HDC controls the brakes while SSC controls the brakes AND engine torque. Is there a MECHANICAL aspect to this or is it all computer/electronically controlled? If you have HDC, can the computer be programmed to change it to SSC?
Without knowing how the software acts, a guess would be just that. Having SSC, I have never had the chance to use HDC but with SSC you can control the speed at which you crawl over crap. Not sure HDC has that functionality. Regardless, I doubt it would be a software upgrade otherwise Jeep would be offering it for $699 or some silliness. Lol.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'd wager the electronics manage the sum of the functioning. E.g., the soft-touch dashboard button to turn Selec-Speed Control on and off, and the vehicle's forward momentum (w/SSC engaged) being adjusted incrementally via the cruise control rocker switch on the steering wheel.

The only thing that comes to mind as a mechanical control is the analog transfer case lever. Even the shift lever for the 850RE is functionally just a switch.
The speed is controlled by the shifter in manual mode. Cruise isn't used at all.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T