Sponsored

Traction control and hill descent observations

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I went for a trail ride today and have to say, the trac control worked very well with my open diffs and 3:45 geared Auto. I had to give up though as the 30-40 deg rock ledge had too much ice on it. The traction control was working well until I got to a spot where there was no traction to be had. I slid about 10 feet backwards before getting into dirt and enough traction to stop. Had I tried to get some momentum and got a little further before losing traction I would have been sliding backwards very fast.

Anyway I had to turn back as it was too dangerous. Selecting Hill Descent coming down a rocky rutted grade worked well. When you turn it on the screen says use + or - to control speed (the auto in manual mode).
Slap the stick to plus or minus, no need to ride brakes. You can't turn it off descending unless you stop then hit the button. I tried braking and doing it my self then turned it back on. It worked best doing its thing with it on.

Also noticed groaning and creaking in the rear occasionally. The JL frame flexes a lot more than any other jeep Ive owned. Look at the gap between front fender and bumper (splash guard) on passenger side and the drivers side is up in the fender and I'm not really parked on extremely uneven spot. I'm thinking maybe replacing that little hollow cross member with something with a bit more beef. If it adds a little weight, oh well.

IMG_4903.jpg
Sponsored

*evonol*

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
If you would have had that middle peice between fender/bumper still on, wouldn't damage have been incurred?