First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@bobzdar
Love the Land Rover, btw! Wow, what a classic!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Hate to break it to you pal, I'm more legit than you. I've had jeeps for over 20 years, multiple cjs, currently own 2 other Jeeps besides my jlur and the attached, so just because I want my brand new 50k dd to be perfect and under warranty so I can play with and work on my toys doesn't mean I'm not a real off roader. I bought the rubi to drive to work, go camping and to pull this janky mofo out when it breaks if I can't fix it on the trail.

Enough of the "get off my lawn" garbage.

20180422_151745.jpg
I'm not sure your reasoning for YOUR BACKGROUND--and my LIGIT STATUS !

Torero asked ME ABOUT MY DISAPPOINTMENT--So I told HIM--What's that got to do with YOU???

Whatever

JIMBO

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
I've been saying we'll see a JLxx of some sort hitting $80k in the years to come....
One of our members (probably more) has added Dana 60s and1-2k lift kits and 37+ tires. Probably a CB and on-board compressor, then better bumpers, a winch, and a grin from door to door. Do they approach 80k? Probably not, but they blow by 60k pretty easily.
We don't need a Jeep like that but we'll sure drool over theirs when we see them. :jk:

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
I'm not sure your reasoning for YOUR BACKGROUND--and my LIGIT STATUS !

Torero asked ME ABOUT MY DISAPPOINTMENT--So I told HIM--What's that got to do with YOU???

Whatever

JIMBO
Your post was not quoting anyone so appeared to be a general statement about jl owners that were not happy if their brand new jeep wasn't perfect not being real off roaders and disappointing. I think that's bs, you spend 35-50k, it better damn well be perfect.

I am a real off roader, and expect my jlur to be perfect, that's what it has to do with me.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Jeeping has ALWAYS been like "HOT RODDING"-

You getta jeep and immediately start to make it YOURS--

It's kinda the American way, although not 100%

Whatever

JIMBO

Sponsored

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Whatever

JIMBO
You're confusing hot rodding with wanting basic stuff for a 2018 vehicle to work properly. A proper alignment, working tpms and not having excessive wind noise are basic requirements for a dd and there should be zero expectation that an owner fix it themselves on a brand new vehicle. Doesn't matter if you have decades of jeep ownership or it's your first.

What's funny to me is you consider the yj/tj/jk owners to be real off roaders. Back in the day us cj owners thought the square headlight jeepers were posers and the tjs were more caddies than jeeps, but you learn that they're all good in their own way and everyone has to start somewhere. Comes with maturity I guess, maybe you'll get that some day.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
You're confusing hot rodding with wanting basic stuff for a 2018 vehicle to work properly. A proper alignment, working tpms and not having excessive wind noise are basic requirements for a dd and there should be zero expectation that an owner fix it themselves on a brand new vehicle. Doesn't matter if you have decades of jeep ownership or it's your first.

What's funny to me is you consider the yj/tj/jk owners to be real off roaders. Back in the day us cj owners thought the square headlight jeepers were posers and the tjs were more caddies than jeeps, but you learn that they're all good in their own way and everyone has to start somewhere. Comes with maturity I guess, maybe you'll get that some day.
Heh Heh, YUP--I'm looking forward to that-

Whatever

JIMBO

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR

Whatever

JIMBO
I don’t know why anyone would care either way.

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Hate to break it to you pal, I'm more douchier than you.
Fixed it for you. Have you even looked at your own avatar?

I'm ready to order a new JLUR, got permission from the wife, have the money, ready to go.
You got permission from your wife? How sweet... And legit.

Enough of the "get off my lawn" garbage
Great, now why don't you go out and put flat fenders and a budget boost on your Rascal

d5dd63bb467bb3687bdd9c8c247e86a7.jpg

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fixed it for you. Have you even looked at your own avatar?

You got permission from your wife? How sweet... And legit.

Great, now why don't you go out and put flat fenders and a budget boost on your Rascal

d5dd63bb467bb3687bdd9c8c247e86a7.jpg
My avatar is one of the last pics I have of my dad before he passed. If that makes me douchy in your eyes, well gfys.

As to the rest, happy wife, happy life.

Sponsored

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
My avatar is one of the last pics I have of my dad before he passed.
God dammit, that makes me jackass of the day. My sincerest apologies. The rest I stand by, calling yourself super legit is pretty lame. Also, you have to admit picture of that scooter is pretty funny LOL.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God dammit, that makes me jackass of the day. My sincerest apologies. The rest I stand by, calling yourself super legit is pretty lame. Also, you have to admit picture of that scooter is pretty funny LOL.
Thanks for the apology, but yeah it's my Ferrari so maybe that makes me a little inherently douchy. At least I spin my own wrenches on it - or hot rod it as jimbo says .

I was calling myself comparably legit - I mean come on, I wheel a rhd military land rover and he was calling yj/tj/jk drivers real off roaders and saying new jl owners are disappointing - I'm not super legit overall, just compared to jimbo :)

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Thanks for the apology, but yeah it's my Ferrari so maybe that makes me a little inherently douchy. At least I spin my own wrenches on it - or hot rod it as jimbo says .

I was calling myself comparably legit - I mean come on, I wheel a rhd military land rover and he was calling yj/tj/jk drivers real off roaders and saying new jl owners are disappointing - I'm not super legit overall, just compared to jimbo :)
Heh Heh, you kinda remind me of a "COLD SORE"-

Whatever

JIMBO

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
And another thing... I just learned a valuable lesson. Not to get in the middle of a cat fight, or you're likely to spray yourself. Lol. Honestly, I'm not a kid either and I could probably start planning a budget boost on my rascal. Also, I do think that you can be a real wheeler in a JL, and I have also seen garage Queens with leaf springs. I hope you all have a nice weekend and looking forward to sharing the JL experience with you all.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
And another thing... I just learned a valuable lesson. Not to get in the middle of a cat fight, or you're likely to spray yourself. Lol. Honestly, I'm not a kid either and I could probably start planning a budget boost on my rascal. Also, I do think that you can be a real wheeler in a JL, and I have also seen garage Queens with leaf springs. I hope you all have a nice weekend and looking forward to sharing the JL experience with you all.
Well said dtd, amd yeah--the JL should really dig deep in to the off-road trails, but
In a way, it could be the greatest so far and also the most dangerous because of so many off-road attributes at the touch of the finger--

We'll find out, hopefully this year-

You have a great weekend also !

JIMBO
Sponsored