Sponsored

Second thoughts?

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Double negative, so when do ya pick up your raptor?
HAHA, never. My Punk’N has been on order since Feb. Turned in my BMW lease on Wednesday, picked up a Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi today and I’ll wait for my JL to come in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Saejin

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Lots of great points and stories. I especially like the post about the Jeep helping to make memories for the son and dad and family. That’s one of the main reasons I went back to a Wrangler. Some of the best memories I had with my family in the outdoors was in a Jeep. We did a trip to Moab, Arches national park, canyonlands, badlands, mt Rushmore, etc.

Looking forward to making more memories with the JL.

Strombeck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Fire Cracker 2015 Lexus GX
After 3 days in Moab, not a single regret and mine stickered at >$57k. Then I added the lift and tires. I’ll have it for more than a decade and run it hard, just like my 09 JKIR that my daughter is now driving.

This = priceless

A2490468-8B60-49FD-A854-00B1BC1FC2B0.jpeg
After 3 days in Moab, not a single regret and mine stickered at >$57k. Then I added the lift and tires. I’ll have it for more than a decade and run it hard, just like my 09 JKIR that my daughter is now driving.

This = priceless

A2490468-8B60-49FD-A854-00B1BC1FC2B0.jpeg
I agree the fun factor in these Jeeps is priceless. I just picked up JLU lifted wheels and tires out the door over 60K but totally worth it.

Strombeck

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Fire Cracker 2015 Lexus GX
This jeep I bought was a pre-50th birthday gift to me. Cant take the money with me! No regrets! Flipping love it and have a riot driving it around !
Well said. Enjoy it now.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
My only second thoughts have been about getting the automatic. I read guys like @TTEChris and @DanW and how much they love their manuals. I went "practical" with my Jeep. Maybe I should have gone all the way...

Sponsored

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
My only second thoughts have been about getting the automatic. I read guys like @TTEChris and @DanW and how much they love their manuals. I went "practical" with my Jeep. Maybe I should have gone all the way...
I sacrificed my ability to hold the starbucks to have something to teach my ‘near driving age’ kids how to drive manual...mmm...starbucks

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I sacrificed my ability to hold the starbucks to have something to teach my ‘near driving age’ kids how to drive manual...mmm...starbucks
Stick was a must for me. Otherwise, no Jeep.

Son also will be driving in about 5 years. So that was part of the plan too.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
My second thought is always, "Damn, this thing is nice!" The third thought is something like, "Wow, I can't believe how much this is improved over the JK!" My fourth thought is "I do still love my old JK, though," and my 5th thought is, "Damn, I want to go for another drive the JL! I wonder if anybody needs anything from the store?" And so the JK doesn't get miles piled up on it so quickly as it used to....

You'll see the Rubi pushing close to 60 when you see one fully optioned up and equipped with the diesel.
I ended up with a fully loaded Sahara Full body GCM , lifted , Tires , Rims , steps , tint , mats , 6yr bumper to bumper and Im at 65K

Still worth every penny to me ....Love this Rig !!!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
If you ever sell your Jeep you'll have a much bigger market with an automatic.
I recently tried to sell a manual transmission sports car and half my potential buyers backed off when they realized it was a manual. Nobody knows how to drive them anymore.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If you ever sell your Jeep you'll have a much bigger market with an automatic.
I recently tried to sell a manual transmission sports car and half my potential buyers backed off when they realized it was a manual. Nobody knows how to drive them anymore.
First, there is a market. It is smaller, but you also don't have as much competition as an auto, as manuals are more scarce. Their value holds just fine, especially considering they were 1500 cheaper to begin with.

Or...just do what I do. Don't sell.

Btw, I've had several people tell me they want my JK if I decide to sell it, so I'm not too worried about it.

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Looks like, to us old timers, that the NEW JEEP OWNERS are a far cry from the off-road YJ/TJ/JK jeepers--

Sign of the times--very disappointing-

Whatever

JIMBO
What’s disappointing?:movember:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Complete lack of OFF-ROAD jeep attitude/enginuity and the expectation of complete perfection for the purchase-

No self reliance or "fixit" attitude-

Yeah, I know--I gotta warranty--why should I fix anything !

Sorry, that's just not the way I've been with anything that's MEANT TO USE OFF-ROAD-

Oh yeah, if the engine/tranny screwsup, or the ECU/elex is bad--then WARRANTY DEALER time--but

Most of the extraneous crap-wind noise/mis-alignment/TPMS-etc, I'll fix myself-on the street and especially off-road-so

I said DISAPPOINTING--to me, if you don't understand that--that's part of my disappointment !

Whatever

JIMBO

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
This topic has probably been addressed in other forums, but I have a different take since this is post-purchase thought.

So after owning your shiny new rig for a couple of days, weeks, months...anyone with second thoughts on the purchase price?

I mean my 2013 JKU Freedom Edition set me back $31K and it was a good value. My Rubicon set me back $49K so sometimes I wonder if the $18K increase was worth it. I love the rig, but I trying to figure out where that $18K went in to.

At this rate we’re going to see Rubicon’s at the $55K-$60K range in a few years.
I expect the second thoughts will occur right around when the first monthly payment hits.

I think the dealers intentionally spec these rubis to have a selling price right under 50k for the mental aspect. I see so many posts of "MSRP was 54 or 55k but I got it for 49k!" that I just know they're playing on that mental aspect of people not being able to stomach paying 50k+ for a wrangler. It worked on me, got mine for 1500 under invoice which worked out to...49,800. That made me all happy until I realized it's just a game to get me in the right mental frame of mind to buy it as I'm thinking to myself "yay, I'm getting it for cheap!" (But it's not remotely)

Still bought it anyway and love it so far.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Complete lack of OFF-ROAD jeep attitude/enginuity and the expectation of complete perfection for the purchase-

No self reliance or "fixit" attitude-

Yeah, I know--I gotta warranty--why should I fix anything !

Sorry, that's just not the way I've been with anything that's MEANT TO USE OFF-ROAD-

Oh yeah, if the engine/tranny screwsup, or the ECU/elex is bad--then WARRANTY DEALER time--but

Most of the extraneous crap-wind noise/mis-alignment/TPMS-etc, I'll fix myself-on the street and especially off-road-so

I said DISAPPOINTING--to me, if you don't understand that--that's part of my disappointment !

Whatever

JIMBO
Hate to break it to you pal, I'm more legit than you. I've had jeeps for over 20 years, multiple cjs, currently own 2 other Jeeps besides my jlur and the attached, so just because I want my brand new 50k dd to be perfect and under warranty so I can play with and work on my toys doesn't mean I'm not a real off roader. I bought the rubi to drive to work, go camping and to pull this janky mofo out when it breaks if I can't fix it on the trail.

Enough of the "get off my lawn" garbage.

20180422_151745.jpg

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
First thought: Glad I found a bone stock JLU Sport.
Second thought: Much improved over the JK in all respects.
Third thought: Man, this six-speed manual is smooth.
Fourth thought: Holy crap, I'm getting 25 mpg.
Fifth thought: Need to save up for some decent floor mats and a 2-inch receiver, and maybe a drop-in K&N air filter element.
Sponsored