Sponsored

Seat Creep

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Greetings all.
2020 JL Sport. Driver seat seems to move on its own. Manual adjust seat with the lever that ‘jacks’ up the driver seat.
Forward / aft locks fine and stays. The up/ down vertical axis seems to slowly settle to the down position over time. Not sure how this is even possible. Has anyone else encountered this ?
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I feel like mine changes position occasionally, but I just adjust it. I have mine set on the lowest bottom setting.

OP
OP
shepherd82

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Ah. Sliding off the edge of the seat... I’ve been trying to avoid doing that as well. That slide wear is definitely a concern with these taller vehicles. Despite my efforts to avoid that- I think you may be on the right track with your theory.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t you have to crank the lever up and down to adjust seat height? I can see someone inadvertently pushing the lever down, but not pulling it up.

Sounds like you either have a faulty seat, or a “significant other” trying to make you believe you have a faulty mind... :LOL:

OP
OP
shepherd82

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Don’t you have to crank the lever up and down to adjust seat height? I can see someone inadvertently pushing the lever down, but not pulling it up.

Sounds like you either have a faulty seat, or a “significant other” trying to make you believe you have a faulty mind... :LOL:
Haha. I wish it was someone playing tricks on me.
the way the vertical adjust works..
While sitting in normal driving position you pull the lever UP to RAISE the seat. As many ‘strokes’ as need to achieve the desired height. Pumping the lever down makes it go down. So sliding off the seat edge or in this case...slightly catching the lever with the wallet in the back pocket causes the seat to bump down in small increments over time.

Sponsored

Eric88

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2019 Cherokee
I made a warranty claim for this same issue on my 2019 Rubicon last year. The dealer said "seat is operating as designed". I decided not to push the issue. I liked the seat high enough to see the fender on the driver's side to help judge the width of the jeep. The seat won't stay that high over time and I gave up trying to keep it there.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Yep, butt pushes the lever down in small increments when exiting the vehicle. Sometimes you feel it happen, sometimes you don't. A few pulls up every couple weeks keeps me at my desired height.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont have this problem because mine is set all the way down. i'm wondering if you can set the seat the way you want it. then remove the handle to prevent the accidental adjustment, this would be work if you are the only one using the jl.

OP
OP
shepherd82

shepherd82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
i dont have this problem because mine is set all the way down. i'm wondering if you can set the seat the way you want it. then remove the handle to prevent the accidental adjustment, this would be work if you are the only one using the jl.
That’s actually a brilliant idea. Set it, remove the handle and forget about it !

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I’ve had techs replace a few seat frames due to this issue or squeaks from the seat. Haven’t had anyone come back yet after new frame has been installed...some of you might just need a new frame.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Greetings all.
2020 JL Sport. Driver seat seems to move on its own. Manual adjust seat with the lever that ‘jacks’ up the driver seat.
Forward / aft locks fine and stays. The up/ down vertical axis seems to slowly settle to the down position over time. Not sure how this is even possible. Has anyone else encountered this ?
Yes - this seems to be happening to me. Every time I get in, I have to pull once to raise it up. I don’t think I’m very heavy either (only weigh 190 lbs at 5’ 11”). Have you brought it to the dealer?Unless there’s some way we can tighten this up ourselves?