Disappointment slowly creeping in

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
There are always people who don’t like Jeep redesigns at first. Most come around when that part of the brain that says “That’s not right” gets accustomed to the new design. The truth of the matter is that the CJ/Wrangler product has been better with every evolution, in comfort, ability, and efficiency. No vehicle is perfect, and I won’t be able to justify the cost of a new JL for a couple of years, but I sure would like to trade my 140k mile JK for one...
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I predict they will sell every JL they can produce. Unless there is a huge gas crunch again and it goes back up to four bucks a gallon.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Flat hood neutralizes any modernity gains made by raked windshield.

This new design is not an evolutionary step forward.

It is stasis at best.
The fenders and hood angle look more dated than JKU, sadly

Windshield, headlamps, air vents around engine bay, 8.4" Uconnect, lowering spare and increasing size of windows all around, and being able to ride 33-35's with stock suspension are all great steps forward.

But the overall hyper conservative styling of old fart Mark Allen, seen on many elements of this "all new" JLU is hurting this launch with many buyers under 35. Fearfully catering to ONLY your most loyal demographic is just poor business. Grow the brand, people !

Get him out and get a better man for the job in there, FCA.
tumblr_n031cqIyUc1qb0vnso1_400.gif

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
i’ve got about 15K miles on my JLU Sport soft top...and love it. Didn’t own a JK, so the “all new improvements and features“ are kinda lost on me. My college buddy had a late-80’s/early-90’s Wrangler and I loved that too. So CarPlay and raked windshield are not big deals to me. From just a “looks” perspective, I think the top of JK/JKU is better than the top off JL/JLU...I think it is the skinny B-pillars and missing bars behind the backseat? Just liked the way the JK looked. But I love my JL...wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
There are always people who don’t like Jeep redesigns at first. Most come around when that part of the brain that says “That’s not right” gets accustomed to the new design. The truth of the matter is that the CJ/Wrangler product has been better with every evolution, in comfort, ability, and efficiency. No vehicle is perfect, and I won’t be able to justify the cost of a new JL for a couple of years, but I sure would like to trade my 140k mile JK for one...
It took me awhile to get into the look but now it’s my fave! Come February my JK with 160k is going towards a JL.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Disappointment slowly creeping in 1595699399132

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

If your worried about mpg get the electric wrangler

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
It's funny to go back and see these posts of innocence and naivety, unaware of the laughable issues that would haunt us in the months to come. Who would've thought that a couple years later, there'd be steering boxes that still can't stay straight after a half-dozen revisions, horrible welding jobs weaker than your kids' school paper mache project, half-doors that wouldn't appear until Ford stepped into the game, and a diesel that practically everyone (including myself) wanted, but gave up on?
Sponsored