Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - this seems to be happening to me. Every time I get in, I have to pull once to raise it up. I don’t think I’m very heavy either (only weigh 190 lbs at 5’ 11”). Have you brought it to the dealer?Unless there’s some way we can tighten this up ourselves?
Is it possible that you are hitting the lever down as you get out? That would explain the need to give a single pump up everything's you get back in. Unless you've noticed yourself slowly sinking during the drive, this may be what's happening. Try removing the handle, like suggested above to see if it still continues sinking on its own.
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Is it possible that you are hitting the lever down as you get out? That would explain the need to give a single pump up everything's you get back in. Unless you've noticed yourself slowly sinking during the drive, this may be what's happening. Try removing the handle, like suggested above to see if it still continues sinking on its own.
Not that I can tell? My legs get stiff after tennis matches so maybe I’m just jumping/landing too hard into the seat climbing into a stock JLUR :CWL: :facepalm: ... it’ll be crazy then when I lift, haha.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My JK did it all the time, as does my JL. I'm guessing it's when I get out I accidentally hit the lever.

sbrimer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023, 392 Rubicon XR
I also have this same problem. I am not hitting the handle when I exit the vehicle and I do notice that my seat goes down during the day. It does not matter if I am sitting in the seat or not. It does not take it long to drop -- maybe 8 hours.

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m a 160lb manlet that likes his seat all the way up and I always have to crank my seat back up every so often. I have also experienced this in other brands with manual seats

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Just came across this old thread! My two JK’s, a 2012 and 2016, I had to pump up weekly, I’m 190 pounds but having the 2 JK’s it was a common issue just from getting in every day. The seat seemed to actually compress the cushion on the left side as getting in, slight pressure. .This hit’s the lever a hair ( down),,causing pressure to push down on the lever until we notice the seat is lower and pump up again. ..My 2021 is a lot better, I don’t seem to have this issue.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm 6'2" at 280, and my seat doesnt move. My legs are fairly long and I dont hit the lever getting in or out. Now, my short wife, at 5'10" does hit the lever, the few times she does drive.

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Happens to me too. Dealer said it was operating correctly. Wondering how hard is is remove the lever. Or better yet maybe pop it off, rotate it counterclockwise and stick it back on so the lever sits lower and you wouldnt touch it getting out of the jeep 🤔

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’m a 160lb manlet that likes his seat all the way up and I always have to crank my seat back up every so often. I have also experienced this in other brands with manual seats
Thanks for the link. Great photos on your site.
Sponsored