Scam warning.

Tpruitt

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
There is a guy posing as Nathan Rutherford on Facebook who took my member market place ad from this forum and listed it on facebook. If he has done it to me I am sure he has posted other members listings.

I just happened to stumble across my pictures in the Facebook group “Jeep wrangler JL owners 2018+“.

Moderators, If this isn’t the write place to post this please move to the appropriate spot.
Sponsored

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I would say you might re-write your ad on FB, you must have either given info in the ad that leaves yourself open for someone to take control of your sale. I don't use FB just for all the reason that many have given with problems over time, I've always used Craigslist with great success and don't deal with any BS that protentional buyer ask, or offer.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I would say you might re-write your ad on FB, you must have either given info in the ad that leaves yourself open for someone to take control of your sale. I don't use FB just for all the reason that many have given with problems over time, I've always used Craigslist with great success and don't deal with any BS that protentional buyer ask, or offer.
Take control of sale? What does that even mean?

Scammers post things They don’t own on sites all the time. Sounds like this person just took a shortcut and used your work as theirs.

It is what it is. Buyers should perform verification on all sales to determine if the seller actually has a product before sending any money.

OP
OP

Tpruitt

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yep just be careful.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Unless he has your title you got nothing to worry about!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Having observed a gradual decline in the average Craigslist buyer (and that's really saying something), I recently listed a few items on the current iteration of FB Marketplace. Virtually every inquiry for the ads was an obvious scam, and/or spoofed another person's account. I was functionally forced to take my ads down, lest my own account was unduly exposed.

A few years ago, I had a good experience selling some furniture on FB's previous Marketplace platform (the functionality was observably different). It seems the scammers have noticed and taken quick advantage of whatever Zuckerboy has rolled out this time around.

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
not sure what the scam here is - unless someone would be clueless enough to pay for a vehicle sight unseen from an unknown source - I use craigslist - suffer thru the obvious but usually always find an honest person -

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Unless he has your title you got nothing to worry about!
The scammer will take the money without delivering the goods. Then the OP gets a bad reputation.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The scammer will take the money without delivering the goods. Then the OP gets a bad reputation.
what? how would OP get a bad rep? it has nothing to do with the OP, everything to do only with the scammer and whoever is dumb enough to buy a vehicle sight unseen over the internet from a stranger.

OP
OP

Tpruitt

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just to be clear it was the metalcloak lift that I have for sale on the forum and not the JL. Also I was running ad on FB market place for the same lift but i wasn’t using the same description. That’s how I know he pulled my pictures and description it was from this site.

When I confronted him after getting all his information he blocked me.

Long story short just be careful. Hopefully I stopped someone from getting ripped of.
Sponsored