Safety packages - initial thoughts

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just wait until your jeep sounds a loud alarm and slams on the brakes in a parking garage. Not once but several times. Randomly. Multiple garages, multiple times. Going up a ramp, going down a ramp. Nobody around. You get slammed into your seat belt. Your wife will have a blast.

I couldn’t deal with it and turned mine off.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just wait until your jeep sounds a loud alarm and slams on the brakes in a parking garage. Not once but several times. Randomly. Multiple garages, multiple times. Going up a ramp, going down a ramp. Nobody around. You get slammed into your seat belt. Your wife will have a blast.

Makes sense. You don’t really need it in a parking garage so much as you do driving down the street or highway. Good call.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I didn't want either of the safety packages but on my test drive I actually liked the blind spot monitoring and saw value in it so I added that one to my order. But there is no way in hell I want my vehicle slamming on the brakes when I don't want it to. I've been driving a long time accident free by paying attention and don't plan on backing off that plan.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Makes sense. You don’t really need it in a parking garage so much as you do driving down the street or highway. Good call.
Thanks.

I live in a hi-rise. I did in houston and I do in Denver. I am in and out of a parking garage every single time I drive. No choice. 5 floors in houston and 6 floors in Denver. I am tired of my jeep going into panic mode for no reason. That said, I turned it off in houston and never looked back. Maybe I’ll “try it” in Denver. Maybe 5100 feet of elevation change makes it more reliable!

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I didn't want either of the safety packages but on my test drive I actually liked the blind spot monitoring and saw value in it so I added that one to my order. But there is no way in hell I want my vehicle slamming on the brakes when I don't want it to. I've been driving a long time accident free by paying attention and don't plan on backing off that plan.
I LOVE the blind Spot sensors... I turned OFF the alarm. The little light in the mirror is TERRIFIC for me. Superb! LOVE it. Of course, don‘t forget to clean it when you get off the trail. Dust effs it up......

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks.

I live in a hi-rise. I did in houston and I do in Denver. I am in and out of a parking garage every single time I drive. No choice. 5 floors in houston and 6 floors in Denver. I am tired of my jeep going into panic mode for no reason. That said, I turned it off in houston and never looked back. Maybe I’ll “try it” in Denver. Maybe 5100 feet of elevation change makes it more reliable!
I get it. But I don’t think it’s unreliable, I think it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. I experienced the parking garage thing too a couple of times when I went to our corporate offices in downtown Houston. It freaked me out for a minute. But I was driving straight toward a concrete wall which it picked up as a solid object in my path and did it’s thing. I turn it off if I know I’m going to be in a situation like that.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

One upside to retirement is an almost complete lack of parking garages in my life. :)

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
ACC is great. I love it.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I got them both just for ACC. I don’t think I’ll buy another vehicle without it now.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
I have the advanced as well, but how do you get the auto high beams to work?

I have the Advanced Safety Group, and love all the features. I too have the Full-Speed Forward-Collision Warning Plus set to the most sensitive, and it works great! Love how Adaptive Cruise Control works in stop and go traffic!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I have the advanced safety features. Driving down a street one day someone opened their driver's door suddenly. I got the warning and the Jeep stopped before hitting the door. Couldn't swerve due to the oncoming traffic in the opposing lane. I was impressed.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I don't have all the safety on my 18 as it wasn't offered but I like it all and would order it whenever offered by any car company.

Definitely adaptive cruise is the best in our cars that have that.

Lane departure sucks in our Subaru as we live off a two lane road and basically if you are not right on center it is always going off. It would be better if it was adjustable.

The backing up warning whatever that is called is nice.

I do like the blind spot warning when making a lane change. that has helped a few times.

All in all I think all these things are for the better and like an airbag, third brake light etc will eventually come standard in all cars probably. Anything to safe an accident, people getting hurt and insurance rates skyrocketing helps.
Sponsored